Italian Club: Club insieme
Open letter Spring 2021: We did a lot this Spring semester, perhaps too much. We did too much not only because we love Italian Studies, but also because we wanted to kindle HOPE and COURAGE for everyone, the greatest gifts at this time. In turn, you gave us hope and courage with your participation and support.
Grazie mille a tutti!
Just look at our semester of activities at a glance (in class and outside class)! Meeting with Tiziano Scarpa (Venice), Teodolina Barolini, Elisabetta Tiveron (Venice), Eleonora Molisani (Milan), Brittni Rallson and Kathy Powell (Bergamo and San Marino), Arlene Spagna, Romano Guerra (Bologna), Circo Zoppe' (Arizona) - stay tuned for a nice event next Fall!; Rabbi Barbara (Calabria), Mariolina Camilleri (Rome), Mario Bolognese (Padua), Marino Magliani, Alessandro Gianetti, Patrizio Zurru (Netherlands, Sevilla, Sardinia)
- Live Tour of Roman Forum and Roman Ghetto
- Dante Alighieri Candlelight Reading
- Mediterranea - Five films of migration from five countries (five nights); II Italian American Film Festival (three nights); Luisa Spagnoli (two nights); "Dolce fine giornata" and "Thou Shall Not Kill" with the Boca Raton Jewish Film Festival
- V International Symposium Italy in Transit with about 40 speakers; including the Michele D. Serra New Italian Cinema Series: Marco Bonfanti and Anna Godano, and the I World Summit of Italians in Transit (across 24 time zones)
- GKA Research Day: Digital Humanities and Tom DiSalvo
- One day of Professional Development with FATI (Florida AssociationTeachers of Italian)
- Concerto per Myriam with Carlos De Antonis and Barbara Salani
Italian Club at the Festival of Nations 2019, "Painting Mona Lisa"
Playing bocce in the Boca campus - NIAF sponsored event