Italian Club "insieme"
Our Italian Club is a student organization, but many of its free activities are open to the community. Most of them take place in PA 101, Performing Arts building, behind the Living Room Theaters at FAU on Glades Road (free parking in Garage 2). Join us on Facebook (FAU Club Insieme) or mailing list (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Free weekly Italian Conversation: Thursdays 7-8PM i n Barnes and Noble on Glades Road and Wednesdays 12-12:50PM, "Oretta del Cappuccino" at Starbucks on campus (Spring 2023)
March 15: A Celebration of Lawrence Ferlinghetti, Italian American poet of the Beat Generation.
March 2nd and 3rd: Italian Jewels from Dante to Rhode Island. Two nights with Maria Teresa Cannizzaro and Talya Dunleavy
Thursday January 26, at 11am in CU 126: International Day of Holocaust Remembrance (Giornata della Memoria): a presentation by FAU graduate Odra Dorante. Free and open to the public.
Wednesday February 8 at 7PM in PA101: Filmmaker Paolo Benvenuti, at FAU for the Symposium Italy in Transit, will meet students and audience.
Thursday February 9 at 11AM in BU104: writer Marino Magliani, at FAU for the Symposium Italy in Transit, will meet students and audience.
February 10-11, FAU Boca campus VII International Symposium Italy in Transit
March 2-3: "Italian Jewels from Dante to Rhode Island" with Maria Teresa Cannizzaro, curator of "Dolce color d’oriental zaffiro. La gemme in Dante e nei bijoux americani" - presentation and jewelry show
Mid March: The Beat Bomb, a documentary on Lawrence Ferlinghetti, by Ferdinando Vincentini Orgnani. The filmmaker will be present.
End of March: "Documenting My Italian American Life" with filmmaker Dr. Tony Buba. The filmmaker will be present. Thanks to the Marquez Family.
Pasta making with Alessio Giovene
Competition at the Boca Museum of Art for College Art Night
Winter Around the World celebration
Close Encounters with the Italian Middle Ages
Open letter Spring 2021- completely online semester: We did a lot this Spring semester, perhaps too much. We did too much not only because we love Italian Studies, but also because we wanted to kindle HOPE and COURAGE for everyone, the greatest gifts at this time. In turn, you gave us hope and courage with your participation and support.
Grazie mille a tutti!
Just look at our semester of activities at a glance (in class and outside class)! Meeting with Tiziano Scarpa (Venice), Teodolina Barolini, Elisabetta Tiveron (Venice), Eleonora Molisani (Milan), Brittni Rallson and Kathy Powell (Bergamo and San Marino), Arlene Spagna, Romano Guerra (Bologna), Circo Zoppe' (Arizona) - stay tuned for a nice event next Fall!; Rabbi Barbara (Calabria), Mariolina Camilleri (Rome), Mario Bolognese (Padua), Marino Magliani, Alessandro Gianetti, Patrizio Zurru (Netherlands, Sevilla, Sardinia)
- Live Tour of Roman Forum and Roman Ghetto
- Dante Alighieri Candlelight Reading
- Mediterranea - Five films of migration from five countries (five nights); II Italian American Film Festival (three nights); Luisa Spagnoli (two nights); "Dolce fine giornata" and "Thou Shall Not Kill" with the Boca Raton Jewish Film Festival
- V International Symposium Italy in Transit with about 40 speakers; including the Michele D. Serra New Italian Cinema Series: Marco Bonfanti and Anna Godano, and the I World Summit of Italians in Transit (across 24 time zones)
- GKA Research Day: Digital Humanities and Tom DiSalvo
- One day of Professional Development with FATI (Florida AssociationTeachers of Italian)
- Concerto per Myriam with Carlos De Antonis and Barbara Salani
Join Club Insieme on Facebook!
Italian Club at the Festival of Nations 2019, "Painting Mona Lisa"
Playing bocce in the Boca campus - NIAF sponsored event