Internships: Application Procedures
- Attend an optional internship workshop, if scheduled, during the semester prior to the time you wish to begin an internship. Check the internship homepage for workshop dates. If you don’t have an internship lined up, contact the course instructor or Career Center for guidance.
- Complete the application form and submit it to the internship director. The accompanying legal waiver form should also be signed and submitted to the internship director at the same time.
- Have your internship employer/work supervisor complete the internship “Learning Agreement” form specifying work hours and job duties (both of you need to sign) and “Employer/Agency Registration Form” if they are new to the program, and send both to the internship instructor.
- After completing the application, waiver and Learning Agreement, contact the internship director to see if the internship course requirements were met and you were enrolled.
- Once a student interviews for a particular placement, he/she must keep the internship director advised of the status of their application.
Please carefully read the following links; they contain important information for prospective interns:
- Rationale and Benefits
- Eligibility Requirements
- Application Procedures
- Credit, Arranging Placement, and Assignments
- Evaluation of the Internship
- Internship Conduct/Expectations
Internship Forms (.pdf files *)
- Internship Application Form
- Employer Registration Form
- Learning Agreement
- Faculty Recommendation
- Mid-Term Student Evaluation Form
- Mid-Term Supervisor Evaluation Form
- Final Student Evaluation Form
- Final Supervisor Evaluation Form
* Adobe Acrobat Reader required.