The School of Communication and Multimedia Studies at Florida Atlantic University is home to multiple communication related journals, research initiatives, community partnerships, and ongoing projects.
A series of engaged conversations on contemporary issues, critically and thoughtfully examined.
- The Journal of Literacy and Technology, celebrating its 20th anniversary!
Digital media intitatives at SCMS form a broad collection of forums investigating the current state of digital media culture, design, and production, including:
- XR (Extended Reality) Courses & Research - Virtual Reality, Agmented Reality, and Spatial Computing
- South Florida Journal – audio journal
- Flamingo Film Festival – international festival of student films
- 1:1 Super-8 Cinema Soireé
- meme™—experimental media ensemble
- SIGGRAPH Community Events