The School of Communication and Multimedia Studies at Florida Atlantic University is home to multiple communication related journals, research initiatives, community partnerships, and ongoing projects.
A forum for faculty and graduate students to present work in progress.
A truly unique collaboration between SCMS and Living Room Theaters provides the community with first-run, independent, and all digital cinema from around the globe during evening hours. During the day, LRT provides graduate students with four state-of-the-art theaters in which to teach and screen films.
SCMS spearheads and coordinates FAU’s membership and participation in the American Democracy Project.
Digital media intitatives at SCMS form a broad collection of forums investigating the current state of digital media culture, design, and production, including:
- Ethical XR 2019: A Multidisciplinary Symposium on the Future of Extended Reality
- MODS-Apptitude AR App Development and STEAM Summer School
- XR (Extended Reality) Courses & Research - Virtual Reality, Agmented Reality, and Spatial Computing
- Wavelengths – classical music radio
- South Florida Journal – audio journal
- meme™ - MTEn Experimental Media Ensemble
- Flamingo Film Festival – international festival of student films
- 1:1 Super-8 Cinema Soireé
- SIGGRAPH Community Events