The School of Communication and Multimedia Studies at Florida Atlantic University is home to multiple communication related journals, research initiatives, community partnerships, and ongoing projects.
- Controversia: An International Journal of Debate and Democratic Renewal
- The Journal of Literacy and Technology
- Democratic Communiqué Journal
A forum for faculty and graduate students to present work in progress.
A truly unique collaboration between SCMS and Living Room Theaters provides the community with first-run, independent, and all digital cinema from around the globe during evening hours. During the day, LRT provides graduate students with four state-of-the-art theaters in which to teach and screen films.
SCMS spearheads and coordinates FAU’s membership and participation in the American Democracy Project.
Digital Media Initiatives at SCMS form a broad collection of forums investigating the current state of digital culture, including:
- Wavelengths – classical music radio
- South Florida Journal – audio journal
- meme™ - experimental media ensemble
- Flamingo Film Festival – international festival of student films
- 1:1 Super-8 Cinema Soireé
- SIGGRAPH Community Events