The Honors Program in Communication is open to qualified students who wish to pursue a course of study organized around a specific topic, area of interest, or creative project. It is open to all students regardless if their orientation is creative, scholarly or practical communication. Students take a special sequence of courses both inside and outside the School and in their last semester complete a Senior Honors Thesis or a Senior Honors Project under the direction of a faculty advisor.
The new requirements for honors are as follows:
- Fulfill all University, College and School Requirements for a degree
- Maintain an overall university GPA of 3.25 and a school GPA of 3.6
- Work with the director of the SCMS honors program to develop a program of Honors courses around an area of interest
- Earn 9 semester hours of honors credit, of which 6 come from coursework and 3 come from an honors thesis/creative project (see below)
- Earn 6 semester hours of credit from designated coursework in SCMS
- Designated honors sections of SCMS courses (e.g. Public Speaking, Film Appreciation)
- Graduate level coursework in SCMS
- Any SCMS course with a signed Honors Compact
- Earn 3 semester hours by completing a Senior Honors Thesis or Creative Project, under the direction of the SCMS honors coordinator and in cooperation with a faculty advisor in the student's area of interest.
Honors courses consist of:
- Graduate level courses in the School of Communication & Multimedia Studies and approved Graduate courses in other departments
- Directed Independent Honors Study
- Approved upper division courses in other departments
- Special Honors seminars
- Senior Honors Thesis or Creative Project
For More Information:
For further details and more information contact School Honors Coordinator Marek Muller at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 561-297-0042.