MA in Communication Studies: Application & Admission Requirements
Applications for graduate study must be submitted online and are available on the Graduate College website. Deadlines for submitting completed applications are March 1st for Fall admission (April 1st for international applicants), October 1st for Spring Admission (October 1st for international students), and March 1st for all applicants interested in obtaining a teaching assistantship. We do not admit students to the graduate program in the summer. Further information about the program and assistantships can be acquired by contacting the Graduate Program Coordinator.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
- A minimum of 3.0 grade point average in the last 60 undergraduate credit hours attempted.
- Applicants must submit with the application a 500-word typewritten statement of their goals, aspirations and reasons for seeking the M.A. in Communication. This should be sent directly to the address noted below.
- Submission of two (2) letters of recommendation from sources qualified to evaluate the applicant’s preparation for graduate study. Academic recommendations are preferred. This should be sent directly to the address noted below.
- Applicants should submit a sample of their academic writing (no fewer than 3,000 words). The writing sample should exhibit sufficient depth and sophistication of thought as well as quality and clarity of writing so as to justify admission into the master's program.
- Applicants must also submit unofficial transcripts from each college or university attended.
To submit transcripts, evaluations, and supporting documents as part of your application to be processed by professional staff, email email@example.com. For all other inquiries regarding graduate admissions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- International applicants must also meet the additional requirements listed elsewhere in this catalog.
- Students need not have an undergraduate specialization in communication to apply for the M.A. program.