Tuition and Billing Services
Linkage Institute Tuition Non-Resident Tuition Waiver
A linkage institute waiver is an agreement between the state universities/community colleges and foreign countries. The foreign country agrees to pay the out of state tuition’s portion on behalf of the student from its country.
The student who has been granted the Linkage Institute award will receive a letter from the appropriate linkage institute. The student will need to submit the award letter to the university/community college that he/she is attending. For those students who are attending Florida Atlantic University, you will need to submit the award letter to the Controller’s Office by the semester’s last day to pay to avoid a late payment fee. Once we have received the letter, we will make an adjustment to the student’s tuition account. The student is responsible to pay the balance by the semester’s last day to pay to avoid a late payment fee.
Below is a list of state universities/community colleges that process the application of the linkage institute tuition waiver for a particular country. For example, if you are from Brazil and attending Florida Atlantic University, you will need to contact University of Florida or Miami-Date Community College to apply for the linkage institute non-resident tuition waiver. Once you have been granted the tuition waiver, you will need to submit the award letter to the Controller’s Office at Florida Atlantic University.
- Florida-Brazil Institute (University of Florida and Miami-Dade Community College).
- Florida-Costa Rica Institute (Florida State University and Valencia Community College).
- Florida Caribbean Institute (Florida International University and Daytona Beach Community College).
- Florida-Canada Institute (University of Central Florida and Palm Beach Junior College).
- Florida-China Institute (University of West Florida, University of South Florida, and Brevard
- Florida-Japan Institute (University of South Florida, University of West Florida, and St. Petersburg
- Florida-France Institute (New College of the University of South Florida, Miami-Dade Community College, and Florida State University).
- Florida-Israel Institute (Florida Atlantic University and Broward Community College). Please visit www.floridaisrael.org
- Florida-West Africa Institute (Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University, University of North Florida, and Florida Community College of Jacksonville).
- Florida-Eastern Europe Institute (University of Central Florida and Lake Sumter Community College).
- Florida-Mexico Institute (Florida International University and Polk Community College).
Students should contact the Undergraduate Department for information regarding undergraduate waivers.
Students should contact their respective departments for information regarding the graduate waivers.