Student refunds are processed automatically when a balance is due to the student. Any amount paid in excess of the amount owed may be applied against charges that are outstanding prior to a refund taking place. Please note some types of financial aid payments may not be used to pay a balance owed to the university. In addition, credits issued to a student’s account within 10 business days of a web check payment will be held for an additional 10 business days.
Options to receive refunds at FAU are as follows:
- To your preexisting bank account via direct deposit
- Any other bank account that accepts ACH deposits
- A paper check to the address on file with FAU
Direct Deposit will expedite receipt of refunds for Financial Aid and all other refunds due from your Student Account. In order to sign up, follow these steps
- Go to: https://myfau.fau.edu/
- select sign in to login to your MYFAU account
- Select FAU Self-Service
- Select Student Services
- Select Direct Deposit
- Select Add or Update Direct Deposit Information and complete the information that is requested.
- Click Save when you have finished.