EMDR Basic Training
EMDR Therapy is a powerful, evidence-based treatment for children, teens, and adults. More than 30 positive controlled research studies support the benefits of EMDR Therapy for treatment of depression, trauma, and more. EMDR Therapy can dramatically reduce or eliminate disturbing symptoms, distressing emotions, and unwanted behaviors while fostering positive new perspectives and increased resilience.
Dr. Francine Shapiro’s research-validated model will be delivered in a personalized environment at an affordable price. This fully-accredited course meets EMDRIA requirements and includes all lecture, practicum, and consultation needed to achieve a full Basic Course Completion.
Throughout this Basic Training, the facilitator emphasizes appropriate client selection, preparation, and stabilization for diverse levels of client complexity and clinical expertise. With ongoing Consultation built right into the training package, you will get the guidance you need to start using these new skills safely and effectively right away.
|Claire Mauer, MA, NCC, LMHC||FAU Boca Raton Campus, Social Science Building, Room 112||40|
Basic Training Course Includes:
- 20 Hours Lecture
- 20 Hours Small Group Practicum
- 10 hours Consultation
Who is Eligible to Attend?
EMDRIA Sets the Standards for Attendance.
- Graduate Students in Internship with Active Caseloads
- Licensed Clinicians
- Social Workers
- Mental Health Counselors
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Psychiatric ARNPs
- Two, Three-Day Training Weekends (Friday - Sunday)
- Supervised small group practice on each training day.
- The Full Course (20 hrs didactic, 20 hrs practicum, and 10 hrs consultation) included in fee.
- EMDRIA-Approved Basic Training setting the stage for EMDRIA Certification
- Physiological overview of the information processing system.
- Specialized history taking to identify dysfunctional patterns and their causes.
- Treatment planning to address past events, current triggers and future needs.
- Stabilization techniques across the attachment spectrum.
- Reduction of overt symptoms to achieve comprehensive mental health.
- Address the full range of trauma and other disturbing life events.
- Applications to combat trauma and first responders.
- Applications to addictions, grief, anxiety, depression, and somatic disorders.
- Applications to natural and man-made disasters.
- Applications to family and couple therapy
- Identify the parameters treatable with EMDR therapy to safely and effectively implement EMDR therapy with clients
- Describe 3 aspects of the AIP Model for effective case conceptualization and treatment planning
- List 6 types of client complaints treatable with EMDR therapy
- Describe the criteria for client selection and how to apply to client cases
- Describe 3 safety measures for effective and safe use of EMDR therapy
- Describe 3 strategies to identify and effectively resolve problem areas in the utilization of EMDR therapy
- Describe protocols for closing down incomplete sessions
- Describe 3 resources to use with struggling or defended clients
- Describe a treatment plan to choose and prioritize targets appropriate for EMDR treatment
- Describe strategies for dealing with highly emotional responses
- Describe strategies for dealing with dissociative symptoms and phobias
- Describe strategies to treat more complex trauma-related disorders
This is a Connect EMDR Training & Consulting Training, delivering Dr. Francine Shapiro and the Connect EMDR Training & Consulting's fully accredited, research-validated training manual and materials in a personalized environment at an affordable price. This course meets EMDRIA requirements and includes all lecture, and practicum hours.
Ten hours of Basic Consultation with an Connect EMDR Training & Consulting Consultant are required for completion of the training. Consultation is included in your registration fee. Prior to the training, you’ll be provided with scheduling options for completing your consultation hours.
|Dates & Times||Course Fee||Early Bird Rates|
October 20-22, 2023
*A limited number of seats have been reserved for FAU Social Work students, alumni, faculty, Field Instructors and Coordinators. Please email the Professional Development Coordinator at SocialWorkProDev@fau.edu to request the FAU Rate discount code.
About the Presenter:
Claire Mauer, MA, NCC, LMHC, is the co-founder of Connect Training & Consulting, which offers a range of basic and advanced EMDR training and consultation, building communities of skilled, trauma-informed clinicians. Known for her clear and dynamic training style, she has had the honor of working with hundreds of EMDR clinicians across the country as an EMDRIA-Approved EMDR Trainer and Consultant. She strives to provide a supportive, stimulating, and inclusive environment for learning and practicing new skills.
Claire is also an approved Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction teacher and finds great joy in leading both therapists and non-therapists through the 8 week journey to greater peace and well-being. She currently works in private practice in Maitland, Florida, where she leads the EMDR no-fee Study Group and treats a range of client issues, including complex PTSD and anxiety disorders, using EMDR therapy and mindfulness as part of an integrative trauma-informed, approach.