Student Research Lab
Faculty from the Child Welfare Institute (CWI), housed within the FAU Sandler School of Social Work, are excited to announce that we are piloting a new CWI Research Lab. As long as you have an interest in child welfare research – regardless of major, undergraduate or graduate – we welcome your involvement.
7 BENEFITS FOR STUDENTS
- explore child welfare research & methodology
- engage in critical discussions with peers and faculty
- participate in various types of active research studies
- receive invaluable mentorship by faculty researchers
- develop/enhance professional knowledge & skills related to child welfare and research
- attain co-author status on conference presentations and scholarly manuscripts to which you contribute
- gain stand-out experience for your résumé
The CWI Research Lab is open to students from all disciplines who have an interest in child welfare research. Prior research experience is not required. At this point in time, participation in the Research Lab is completely virtual. Students will need to apply (see below) to participate and must complete various service activities to remain active.
Please note: This is a pilot lab, which means we are in the development phase and unable to offer compensation at this time. However, we are deeply committed to providing students with a meaningful opportunity for mentorship and skill building that we believe will benefit your résumé and enable you to create long-lasting partnerships with faculty.
The program is currently full for Fall 2021. Please check back for updates.