Value Management Office
We are a team comprised of business analysts, product owners and project managers that support and collaborate across campus to implement complex, cross-functional IT projects for the University.
- Partner and collaborate with stakeholders and end users in IT project implementations across the University.
- Provide expert project management services and support for IT cross-functional project implementations.
- Develop, maintain, and institute project management standards across OIT.
- Provide portfolio management services for OIT project implementations with the guidance of the Project Review Board (PRB) and the direction and governance of the Project Governance Committee (PGC).
- Promote the value of implementing and utilizing project management methodologies, both agile and waterfall, across OIT and the University.
- Requests for new projects are received via the Project Request Form Service
- A requirements gathering session is scheduled with the stakeholder by the VMO office.
- The project is reviewed by the OIT Project Review Board (PRB). To learn more, review the attachment available here.
- The project is reviewed and prioritized by Project Governance Committees.
- Project is approved, and then managed from initiation to successful implementation and project closure.
Slate, Admissions Customer Relationship Management System
The Office of Information Technology and Undergraduate Admissions have partnered to implement Slate, a state-of-the-art admissions and enrollment management platform and customer relationship manager. Used by more than 1,500 colleges and universities globally, Slate offers online admissions applications, communications, event management, and real time reporting.
Project Start & End Date: January 2023 – January 2024
MidPoint, Identity Management Implementation
The Office of Information Technology is replacing the University’s identity management solution with MidPoint, the leading Internet2 sponsored open-source identity management solution specifically focused on Higher Education. MidPoint will solve issues and challenges related to identity provisioning, identity governance and compliance, and access management.
Project Start & End Date: June 2023 – October 2024
Microsoft Teams Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP)
The Office of Information Technology is moving to Microsoft Teams Voice, commonly referred to as Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), which allows users to access phone services and make calls over the internet through Microsoft Teams. This new voice service will integrate with the existing Microsoft Teams environment and provide the ability to make and receive telephone calls directly in the Teams application without the need for a desk phone.
Project Start & End Date: April 2023 – June 2025