Smartphones & Cell Phones
Florida Atlantic University employees (faculty and staff) are eligible for a department-owned mobile communication device or a stipend to offset the cost of a personally owned mobile communication device. This telecommunications device is used to conduct University business and to carry out critical job functions and/or other University responsibilities.
In order to provide the most comprehensive cellular phone service and superior coverage across the campus, the University has established contracts with two preferred carriers, AT&T Wireless and Verizon Wireless. With approval of the appropriate dean, or vice president, employees may receive a department-owned mobile communication device or stipend to offset the cost of a personally owned mobile communication device.
CELL PHONE DEVICE Help Desk Ticket System
Communication Infrastructure (CI) will assist eligible members of the University community with the following cellular service and equipment requests:
- Upgrading or replacing equipment
- Transferring current service and equipment to AT&T or Verizon
- Requesting new service and equipment
- Purchasing cellular accessories
- Deactivating or suspending service
- International travel with FAU-issued device
You may contact Communication Infrastructure Support Service at 561-297-6235 with any questions, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Cellular phones are University property and MUST be returned to the Department when you upgrade or leave the University.
- Phones must be unlocked when turned in, and any lock screen passwords must be removed.