Partner Campuses Loaner Pool
Broward Technology Services (BTS) and Northern Technology Services (NTS) have a small loaner pool of various technology items (including laptops, projectors, or digital cameras) that can be checked out by faculty or staff members of the Davie, Fort Lauderdale, Jupiter, and Dania Beach campuses.
Employees can borrow these items for a limited period of time. This is a free service for FAU faculty and staff of the FAU partner campuses. Equipment in the loaner pool is available on a first come, first serve basis.
All users must sign a loan agreement, and they are responsible for maintaining the equipment while in their possesion.
- Loaner items may be reserved/checked out by FAU faculty or staff only.
- Loaner items are available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Reservations should be made at least one week in advance.
- The length of the loan can be for up to two weeks (Approval required for longer periods).
- Loaner items must be used for Florida Atlantic University-related business only.
- Request for installation of client software must be provided, along with licensing information at the time the reservation is made.
- Faculty/Staff is responsible for maintaining equipment in good working condition.
- Faculty/Staff is responsible for the repair of any/all damaged equipment (not due to normal wear and tear) during the loan period.
(Note: When applicable, an appropriate Account Number will be billed for repairs or replacement of Loaner Items)
- Install any software or use software not provided by OIT. Please let us know if you require special software.
- Use licensed software in a manner inconsistent with the licensing agreement.
- Copy, rename, alter, or delete any files or programs on the computer.
- Use the computer for inappropriate purposes, including, but not limited to, sending offensive messages, setting up an "ad hoc" wireless network anywhere on campus, using peer-to-peer file sharing or engaging in commercial activities of any kind.
- Create, disseminate, or run a self-replicating program ("virus"), whether destructive in nature or not.
- Tamper with switch settings, or move, remove, reconfigure or do anything that could interfere with workstations, printers or other equipment.
Items may be picked up/returned during regular business hours, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday thru Friday at our offices:
- OIT-BTS office: LA-308 (Davie Campus)
- OIT-NTS office: SR-287 (Jupiter Campus)