August 30, 2021 - 8:00 a.m.
COVID-19 Vaccinations Incentive Program for FAU Students, Faculty and Staff
All members of the FAU community are strongly encouraged to Protect Your Owl Family and get vaccinated against COVID-19. To move forward together and stop the spread of this virus, all students or employees who have not previously been fully vaccinated are now eligible to receive a $150 electronic Visa gift card after becoming fully vaccinated.
Free vaccinations are available on FAU campuses; a full schedule of dates, times and locations can be found at www.fau.edu/vaccine (schedule subject to change). Individuals can also choose to be vaccinated by other providers. Refer to the links below for additional vaccine information and opportunities:
- All actively enrolled students and current employees who have not been fully vaccinated prior to Aug. 23, 2021
- Students must be enrolled in at least one course for the Fall 2021 semester
- Individuals are eligible to receive the gift card after a single dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson) or after the second dose in a two-dose series (Pfizer or Moderna)
Claiming Your Gift Card
- To submit proof of vaccination, CLICK HERE (accepted forms of documentation include: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention COVID-19 Vaccination Card, Florida Shots record, or other state or international vaccine record)
- All documentation may be submitted as a photo, screenshot, or scanned copy and must be legible
- All documentation needs to include
- Full Name
- Type of Vaccine (i.e. Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson)
- Lot Number
- Date(s) Vaccinated
- Submissions will be reviewed once per week
- If a submission is denied, users will be able to submit another form; if the submission is approved, the user will not be able to submit another form
- Individuals have until Oct. 31, 2021 to submit proof of vaccination
- Individuals who meet the eligibility requirements and submit appropriate proof of vaccination will receive via email a $150 electronic Visa gift card valid for six months
Students and employees who were vaccinated before Aug. 23 or planning to receive a booster shot are ineligible for the gift card. This program is specifically designed to incentivize those who are not yet vaccinated, and we are grateful to every member of the FAU community who has done their part to get the vaccine. Please continue to wear face coverings when inside buildings, including classrooms, and when outside in large groups.
Fall 2021 Semester
*Case data updated every 30 minutes.
Fall 2021 Semester Plans
Questions and Requests for Assistance can be directed to a Member of the COVID-19 Team at FAUCOVID19@fau.edu.
Residential Students (including off-campus hotel)
Non-Residential Students (contact the Office of the Dean of Students)