There are two steps to becoming a music major at Florida Atlantic University:
1) Apply and be accepted to Florida Atlantic University, through Undergraduate Admissions or Graduate Admissions. Prospective students should try and complete this process at least a few weeks ahead of their scheduled audition date.
2) Perform a successful audition on your principle instrument or voice (or, for some programs, submit a portfolio) to the FAU Department of Music. To begin this process, please fill out an audition application below:
Transfer Students: Transfer students planning to enter with an Associate of Arts degree may prepare for entry by completing the courses included in the following curricular charts:
- Bachelor of Music Education
- Bachelor of Music: Commercial Music
- Bachelor of Music: Performance
- Bachelor of Arts in Music
International Students: International students can visit FAU's International Student Services for more help with their application.
Auditions for 2020-2021 entry:
Given the current COVID-19 crisis, we ask that you prepare a video audition in place of an in-person one. You will receive the same consideration for entry into the music program and for music merit-based scholarships as you would in a live audition. Begin the video by stating your name, the degree you are seeking (Music Education, Commercial Music, etc.) and the names and composers of the selections you will play. Upload your video to YouTube (as ‘unlisted’), Vimeo, Google Drive, DropBox, or similar file storage site. Once you have applied for your audition above, you will receive instructions as to how to share your video with the music faculty.
Undergraduate Audition materials, by primary instrument/voice:
- Classical Guitar
- Electric Guitar
- Electric Bass
- Orchestral Strings
For information regarding Graduate Audition materials, please contact Graduate Advisor, Dr. Marc Decker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The FAU Department of Music awards a myriad of talent-based scholarships for music majors with high musical achievement and strong academic records. Scholarship consideration is based on audition performance.
Plan a Visit
We would love for you to come and say hi, so we can show you around! The Department of Music office is located in the Arts and Humanities building on FAU's Boca Raton campus. Please contact us at email@example.com for more information on planning your visit.