11th Annual Honors High School String Orchestra “Side-by-Side” Festival
October 13 & 14, 2023
Step 1: Registration
- The deadline for registration is September 18, 2023. Please click here to register.
Step 2: Permission Form
- Download and the Permission Forms here
- The Permission Form is required for all participants
- Download the Permission to Administer Form here
- The Permission to Administer Form only needs to be submitted if the participating student will take daily or emergency medication during the festival.
- Upload completed forms here
Step 3: Payment
There is a participation fee of $50.00. This covers a festival T-shirt, lunch on Friday, and both lunch and dinner on Saturday. All meals will be served in the Atlantic Dining Hall (an all you can eat buffet) located adjacent to the Student Union. Payment is due online by the registration deadline (Monday, September 18, 2023). The payment link is found in the FAU Marketplace Orchestra Store.
Step 4: Practice
Practice parts for auditions (for section-leader positions and solos) and practice purposes will be sent via email along with a detailed invoice for registration.
Step 5: Parking
Parking in Parking Garage 2 will be free of charge on Friday, October 13, 2023 and Saturday, October 14, 2023 between 7 am and 9 pm.
Here is a direct link for a map of parking on campus
Alternatively, visitors may park at metered spots ($2.50 an hour), and also have the option to park in any blue lot using the ParkMobile app to get a temporary ePermit at the same $2.50 hourly parking rate.
For additional information on visitor parking please visit https://www.fau.edu/parking/all-permits/ and click on "Guest, Visitor, and Volunteers."