Welcome to the FAU Engineering Academy
This enriching one-week summer experience provides fascinating insight into ground-breaking areas such as Artificial Intelligence, Wireless Communications, and Drone Technologies! Specifically designed for students entering grades 10, 11, and 12 in Fall 2022, students will have the unique opportunity to participate in an exciting program that combines college-level lectures and cutting-edge research with fun and engaging hands-on activities in university-sponsored laboratories and facilities.
The FAU Engineering Academy is taught by PhD-level faculty members who are professors in the College of Engineering and Computer Science at Florida Atlantic University. They have been hand-selected to participate in the Academy due to their extensive engineering/computer science backgrounds and deep passion for teaching in the classrooms and laboratories.
Academy Scholars will:
- Learn about and use various engineering/computer science theories introduced in collegiate settings
- Clearly understand and articulate the connections between math and science and real-world technological problems.
- Display enhanced capabilities in creative thinking and problem solving
- Experience life as a college student with access to various FAU resources
In order to qualify for the Engineering Academy, students must:
- Be entering grades 10, 11 or 12 in Fall 2022
- Meet the minimum course prerequisite requirements listed in the camp’s description
|I-DeepLearn Summer Workshop|
|Dates/Times:||June 20-24, 2022, 8:30am - 4:30pm|
|Professor:||Behnaz Ghoraani, Ph.D.|
|Cost:||Free (NSF grant funded)|
|Who:||Open to rising female 10 , 11 , and 12 grade students who meet the prerequisites|
|Camp Size:||Space is limited to no more than 24 students|