Welcome to the FAU Engineering Academy
Join I-DeepLearn's Summer Workshop, supported by the National Science Foundation (NSF), and discover the fascinating world of machine learning and deep learning! This is an exceptional opportunity to prepare for future studies and careers in computer science and related fields. This program is designed to introduce female students entering grades 10-12 in the fall of 2023 to the latest advancements in AI, with a focus on healthcare applications. Admission to the program is highly competitive and based on an evaluation of applicants' skills and knowledge in relevant areas.
During this one-week workshop, students will be immersed in a dynamic learning environment that includes hands-on programming projects and interactive discussions on essential concepts in machine learning and deep learning. Our goal is to provide an opportunity for young women to explore cutting-edge technologies and gain valuable experience in this rapidly growing field.
Some of the topics covered in the program include:
- What is machine learning?
- What is deep learning?
- Different types of machine learning
- Introduction to Python
- Hands-on research towards the applications of machine learning
- Mentoring by outstanding researchers in the field
In order to qualify for the Engineering Academy, students must:
- A minimum 3.25 high school GPA,
- Completion of pre-calculus,
- Completion of Computer Science I or fundamental programming skills and basic Python.
- Applicants must also submit a one-page essay on why they would like to participate in this workshop and fill out a survey by July 1, 2023. The selected applicants will be announced on July 7, 2023.
|I-DeepLearn Summer Workshop|
|Dates/Times:||July 24th-28th, 2023, 8:30am - 4:30pm|
|Location:||Engineering East Building, Boca Raton campus|
|Professor:||Behnaz Ghoraani, Ph.D.|
|Cost:||Free (NSF grant funded)|
|Who:||Open to rising female 10 , 11 , and 12 grade students who meet the prerequisites|
|Camp Size:||Space is limited to no more than 24 students|