FAU Transient Student Process
FAU Transient Students are students that are seeking a degree at FAU and would like to take courses at another Florida public institution on a temporary basis. Upon matriculation at FAU, undergraduate students are expected to take courses required for the degree in residence at FAU. Students may take courses elsewhere if certain conditions are met. To take courses elsewhere, students must obtain advisor approval in advance and follow the transient process.
Requirements & Policies
- Students must complete PART 1 and PART 2 (FloridaShines) of the Transient Process.
Students must await final approval before registering for the course(s).
- Although students may receive approval in PART 1, they may not receive approval in PART 2 if the course(s) are not in line with degree requirements and advisor recommendations
- Courses taken without approval may not be accepted by FAU to meet University or major requirements
- Courses taken at a two-year college will not count towards the nine-hour summer enrollment requirement.
- It is the student’s responsibility to request an official transcript be sent from the Transient Institution to FAU’s Registrar Office after completion of the course
We receive a high volume of emails daily and it can take some time to receive a response. It is likely that you can find the answer to your question on our FAQs page! Please be sure to look over the answers to the Frequently Asked Questions before contacting us.