Community, State College, and non-degree seeking Students

The FAU Marching Owls welcomes both non-degree seeking students and those attending other Florida public colleges including Palm Beach State, Broward College, or Miami-Dade College. 

New State College Students

Please go to, click on "Take a Course as a Transient Student", and complete the application.  There are no application fees, and all you will need is your State College ID# to apply to take MUN 1110 (0-1 credits), University Marching Band, at FAU.  It is important that you contact your advisor so they are aware of your request.  If you have any questions about the process, please contact the FAU Band Office 

Returning State College Students

The transient student application must be completed every semester in which you take classes at FAU.  Be sure to talk with your State College advisor, especially if you have a new advisor this year.

Non-Degree Seeking Students

If you are not currently enrolled at another institution, or were denied by Florida Shines, you must submit a Non-Degree Enrollment Application so you can take classes at FAU.  You may access the instructions at this link: