Community, State College, and non-degree seeking Students
The FAU Marching Owls welcomes both non-degree seeking students and those attending other Florida public colleges including Palm Beach State, Broward College, or Miami-Dade College.
New State College Students
Please go to FloridaShines.org and complete the transient student application. There is no need to submit a fee or application through the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. Be sure to check with your home institution for proper transient procedures and approval as well. Students will need to sign up for MUN 1110 (0-1 credits). Students are subject to all fees and tuition costs for the class.
All items must be submitted to FAU Undergraduate Admissions office prior to the first day of Fall classes.
Returning State College Students
A new transient student form must be submitted every semester in which you intend to take a class at FAU. You will also need to register for MUN 1110 (0-1 credits). All items must be submitted to FAU Undergraduate Admissions office prior to the first day of Fall classes.
Non-Degree Seeking Students
If you are not currently enrolled at a public university, college, or community college, but would like to enroll in marching band, you must submit a Non-Degree Enrollment Application so you can take classes at Florida Atlantic University. You may access the instructions sheet at this link: http://www.fau.edu/registrar/pdf/Docs/Non_Degree_Enrollment.pdf
* Please fill out the Non-Degree Enrollment Application form and Non-Degree Residence Classification form from the registrar as well.
- Complete the forms-write clearly.
- The non-degree application requires a $30.00 application fee in check or money order (ONLY!) submitted with the forms.
- If you are a Florida resident, independent or dependent, YOU or YOUR parents must provide clear and convincing supporting documentation to qualify for in-state tuition. Students are automatically coded Non-Florida resident (pay out of state tuition rates-high rate of tuition) when paperwork is not submitted to qualify for in-state tuition (lower rate of tuition).
- Please expedite your paperwork by sending via U.S. Mail. Our office recommends an overnight process of your choice to insure prompt and safe delivery. Please mail your payment to:
Florida Atlantic University
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
777 Glades Road SU-80
Boca Raton, FL 33431-0991
- Applications are processed in the order in which they are received and emails are sent out to our students to notify them when their application has been processed (please print clearly). Remember to check your email junk box periodically-sometimes our emails are received by our student in their junk boxes.
- FAU does not accept forms via email or fax and application fees must accompany the paperwork - check or money order only.