IBC Training Requirements
All lab personnel working on the project for which there is a request for an IBC Registration must provide documentation for and maintain current training:
|Type of Work||IBC Training||EHS Training|
|All Laboratory Work||
Initial Biosafety Training
(Note: Basic Introduction to Biosafety is NOT required)
|Work with Animals||Not required for IBC. See IACUC requirements.||https://www.fau.edu/ehs/training/|
|Field Work with Animals||Not Required for IBC. See IACUC requirements.||https://www.fau.edu/ehs/training/|
|Work with Recombinant DNA||
NIH Recombinant DNA Guidelines
Dual Use Research of Concern (DURC) (as appropriate)
The Initial Biosafety Training offered through the CITI program is a 14 module course encompassing biosafety areas such as biohazard risk assessments, risk management, disinfection and sterilization among others.
To add this course to your CITI account:
- Login to your CITI account at https://citiprogram.org
- Click on the, "View Courses", button next to Florida Atlantic University.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on, "Add a Course."
- For Question 1, select the, "Biosafety/Biosecurity (BSS)", option and click the, "Next", button.
- For Question 7, select the, "Initial Biosafety Training", course option and click the, "Next", button.