Human Subjects (IRB)
The Institutional Review Board (IRB)
On August 28th all IRB projects must be submitted using the Novelution platform! Visit the NEW Novelution page to watch how-to-videos, review FAQs, and access the submission platform
- Providing pre-submission consultation to faculty and students for IRB proposals.
- Assisting with research protocol and informed consent preparation.
- Providing assistance in navigating IRBNet, our electronic protocol submission system.
- Coordinating monthly committee meetings and daily expedited reviews of IRB proposals.
- Developing policies, procedures, and guidance documents.
- Communicating with IRB members, Florida Atlantic faculty and students, to resolve IRB review concerns.
- Issuing IRB approvals for new and continuing studies as well as amendments and related other actions.
- Providing training on protection of human research subjects in research.
- Maintaining the university s federal assurances and providing regular updates/reports.
- Serving as liaison between external IRBs and the Division of Research.
- Interfacing with Division of Research offices to ensure coordination, consistency & compliance at all levels.
- Resolving non-compliance issues related to the protection of human subjects.
In addition to managing the IRB and IACUC functions, Research Integrity provides input and coordination on related issues involving Conflict of Interest, Good Clinical Practices, and clinical research monitoring.
Please direct questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org