October and March 15
January 15, 2021
March 8, 2021
May 28, 2021
May 28, 2021
Florida Atlantic University Undergraduate Research Journal (FAURJ)
The Florida Atlantic University Undergraduate Research Journal (FAURJ) is an interdisciplinary, peer-reviewed journal that is published annually. The FAURJ is published online and in print by OURI's student club, the Council for Scholarship and Inquiry (C.S.I.). Its missions are to showcase high quality undergraduate research in all fields, supply students with an idea of the standard of research, and promote inquiry-based activities at FAU. The journal can be viewed on the nationally recognized, Council on Undergraduate Research website.
Each Spring FAURJ accepts manuscript submissions for the newest volume. The deadline for submissions is the last Friday in May. The newest volume of the FAURJ is published each year in March prior to the annual Undergraduate Research Symposium.
- To be eligible for publication, research must be done by an undergraduate student or students at FAU, under the mentorship of an FAU faculty member. Two or more FAU undergraduate students may co-author a single manuscript submission.
- Students MUST attend the FAURJ workshop hosted by OURI, if you are unable to attend the workshop, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to gain access to the OURI Canvas Site where you can complete the workshop online.
A complete Manuscript Submission includes the following:
- A complete form on Survey Monkey Apply
- Short biography for each author (50-150 words)
- ANONYMOUS Manuscript (1500-4000 words), including an Abstract (150 words)
Works Cited (No limit but separate from the Manuscript Word Count)
- Note: All value ranges for the Author Biography, Abstract, Manuscript and Works Cited are not suggested maximums. To ensure that we can print your entire research project we have limited the word count. Please edit your documents accordingly.
Faculty Research Advisor Release Form - complete and upload to Survey Monkey Apply
- Student Release Form - complete and upload to Survey Monkey Apply
- .Doc format (Microsoft Word)
- Body: 12-point, Times New Roman
- References: 10-point, Times New Roman
- 1-inch margins, double spaced
- Include page numbers
- Conform to documentation format appropriate to student's discipline (APA, IEEE, MLA, CBE, etc.)
- Include publication-ready figures and tables throughout the manuscript
All applications through OURI are submitted through Survey Monkey Apply, an application portal. In order to submit your manuscript to the FAURJ, please complete the following tasks:
- Navigate to OURI's Survey Monkey Apply ( A guide to submitting on Survey Monkey Apply can be seen here )
- Answer Required Eligibility Questions (under Tasks) by clicking "Start"
- Find OURI programs you are eligible for (i.e. the Florida Atlantic Undergraduate Research Journal) by clicking "view programs"
- Once you find the program you wish to apply for, click "Apply Now" to the right of your screen
- Complete all sections of the online application and be prepared to attach the necessary documents.
- Completed application form on Survey Monkey Apply
- Create an 8-digit unique code that will be used to save your documents together.
- Short bio (submit in .doc format titled "Shortbio_8-digit unique code")
- ANONYMOUS Manuscript, including your abstract (submit in .doc format titled "Manuscript_8-digit unique code")
- Faculty Research Advisor Release Form (submit in .pdf format titled "AdvisorRelease_8-digit unique code")
- Student Release Form (submit in .pdf format titled "StudentRelease_8-digit unique code")
All written manuscripts will be submitted through Turn-it-in as part of the peer-review process. Each manuscript will be reviewed anonymously by at least one qualified graduate student peer-reviewer and one faculty reviewer. After each manuscript is reviewed, the author(s) will receive email confirmation of whether the manuscript was accepted. Accepted manuscripts will be returned to the author(s) with comments/edits via track changes. The author(s) will be expected to make revisions in a timely manner and return the revised manuscript to FAURJ editors for layout design. This is a lengthy process, prompt email correspondence and patience is greatly appreciated.
Writing GuidelinesAlthough manuscript formats vary by discipline, the following links may aid students in writing papers for publication in the FAURJ at FAU or elsewhere. Please consult with your faculty adviser for guidance.
All questions can be directed to the FAURJ committee at email@example.com.
Adapted from UCF, UF-JUR, FSURJ, and UCLA-USJ websites.