Distinguished Mentor of the Year (DMOY) Award
Faculty who serve as model mentors to their undergraduate research students are eligible to receive the Distinguished Mentor of the Year in Undergraduate Research and Inquiry (DMOY) award. Each year, one university-wide award will be given, and the DMOY will be recognized with a $2,500 award at the annual Honors Convocation.
- Any permanent, full-time faculty including tenured/tenure track faculty, non-tenured faculty, instructors, multi-year appointees, scientist/scholars, and research faculty who have been employed for one continuous year.
- Faculty must have engaged as direct mentors of students in undergraduate research and inquiry, to include co-curricular (e.g grants, publications, presentations), curricular (e.g. RI Courses, DIR and DIS), as well as individual and group student mentoring.
- Previous award winners are no longer eligible.
- January 11th, 2023 Call for faculty applications/nominations
- February 8th, 2023 Complete applications due to the Deans/Directors office
- February 22nd, 2023 Deans submit College nominee and application materials to OURI
- February 24th 2023 Faculty Honors and Awards committee begin review
- March 15th 2023 Honors and Awards Committee selects 2023 Awardee
- April 12th, 2023 Award presented at the Honors Convocation
Contact information for College Submission
Faculty interested in applying for College consideration should send complete DMOY application packages to the following College contacts by deadline date listed above:
||Mrs. Holly Pereiraemail@example.com|
||Ms. Ginger Hale:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
||Mrs. Josephine Elliott:||email@example.com|
||Dr. Shihong Huang:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
||Ms. Anna Holmes:||email@example.com|
||Dr. Joanna Drowos:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
||Ms. Bernadette Bastien:||email@example.com|
||Dr. Predrag Cudic:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
||Dr. Casandra Atkin-Plunk:||email@example.com|
Complete details and guidelines for the DMOY award can be found here.
2023 Distinguished Mentor of the Year
Charles E. Schmidt College of Science
2023 Distinguished Mentor of the Year Finalists
- Eileen Acello, MBA. College of Business
- Vivian Merk, Ph.D. College of Engineering and Computer Science
- Andia Chaves Fonnegra, Ph.D. Harriet L. Wilkes Honors College
- Ceylan Isgor, Ph.D. Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine
- Lincoln Sloas, Ph.D. College of Social Work and Criminal Justice
Previous Distinguished Mentor of the Year Winners
|2022||Keith Jakee, Ph.D.||Harriet L. Wilkes Honors College|
|2021||James H. VanZwieten Jr., Ph.D.||College of Engineering and Computer Science|
|2020||Monica Escaleras, Ph.D.||College of Business|
|2019||Myeongsub Kim, Ph.D.||College of Engineering and Computer Science|
|2018||Julie L. Earles, Ph.D.||Harriet L. Wilkes Honors College|
|2017||Tobin Hindle, Ph.D.||Charles E. Schmidt College of Science|
|2016||Daniel de Lill, Ph.D.||Charles E. Schmidt College of Science|
|2015||Daniel Meeroff, Ph.D.||College of Engineering and Computer Science|