BS/MD Program (wilkes)
Medical Program Overview
The BS/MD Program at Wilkes Honors College is a highly selective, early admission program into The Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine for students who have a strong desire to pursue a career in medicine. Students receive a B.S. degree from the Wilkes Honors College in Jupiter and the M.D. degree from FAU’s College of Medicine in Boca Raton in seven or eight years.
Admission is open to highly qualified incoming Wilkes Honors College freshman students.Those accepted into the BS/MD Program at Wilkes Honors College are offered conditional admission to the College of Medicine. Students must successfully complete the program requirements and achieve a minimum qualifying MCAT score. For further information please follow this link: http://med.fau.edu/admissions/bsmd-programs.php
Minimum Requirements for Entrance: Fall 2024 (Subject to Change)
• SAT score of 1490 or a minimum ACT composite of 33
• Weighted high school GPA of at least 4.3
• Application is open to high school seniors
• U.S. citizen or permanent resident status
• Complete Bachelor's/MD Program Application submitted by 11:59PM EST on Thursday, December 1, 2023.
• Letter of recommendation from a counselor or high school teacher uploaded to the following link by December 1, 2023. You must provide this link to your letter writer: https://fau.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_7WAQy8ricYLWbOd
• Admitted to Wilkes Honors College of FAU
For further information, check the Additional Program Details
Contact Info :
BS/MD program: firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember: Although you can apply to both university and the BS/MD Program in parallel (i.e. at the same time), you will need to be admitted to Wilkes Honors College of FAU to be able to take part of the program.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR 2023-2024
- SEPTEMBER 11, 2023 - APPLICATION OPENS
- DECEMBER 1, 2023 - APPLICATION CLOSES at 11:59 PM EST
- DEC. 2 - JANUARY 12, 2024 - BS/MD COMMITTEE REVIEWS APPLICATIONS
- JAN. 15 - JAN. 26, 2024 - INVITATIONS TO INTERVIEW WILL BE SENT TO APPLICANTS
- FEBRUARY 2024 - INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED (VIRTUALLY)
- APRIL 2024 - SELECTION DECISIONS SENT TO APPLICANTS
TO REVIEW BS/MD PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS, PLEASE CLICK HERE.
Updated July 2023
** under construction **