Mission and Vision
The mission of the WHC is to educate students to the highest intellectual, experiential, and ethical levels, preparing them to thrive and contribute wisely to the general welfare of human society and the planet.
To be widely recognized as the nation’s premier, public honors college with a diverse and flourishing student body of 1,000 students involved in cutting-edge research, community service, and intellectual engagement across the liberal arts and sciences.
- To offer a liberal arts education of the highest quality
- To attract outstanding students from a wide array of backgrounds
- To build a dedicated and diverse faculty recognized for its excellence in teaching and research
- To link teaching, research, and service in order to convey, expand, and apply knowledge
- To promote breadth of knowledge, encourage depth of understanding, and bridge disciplinary divides
- To respect differences and recognize their educational value
- To cultivate critical thinking in the classroom and beyond
- To introduce students to the challenge of original research and discovery
- To produce global citizens through international, area, and environmental studies