Self-Reported Student Academic Record (SSAR)

Florida Atlantic University has adopted the Self-Reported Student Academic Record (SSAR) service for the reporting of school transcripts. This new method allows students to enter all courses and associated grades that have been attempted, or will be attempted, for high school and/or college credit without requiring the submission of an official transcript to the university (official transcripts will be required after high school graduation only). In addition, test scores are also self-reported with this tool.

Students are reminded to have their official scores and grades at hand when reporting this information, as inaccurate information may affect enrollment and scholarship status.

International freshman applicants attend a variety of different educational systems. Students educated in the United States, or attending a school that follows an educational curriculum patterned after the U.S. system, should create the Self-reported Student Academic Record (SSAR) with the directions below.

All applicants with foreign credentials should have their school submit official transcripts of all secondary school records and/or examination results. All academic records must be issued in English or be accompanied by a certified English translation.

Linking SSAR with the FAU application

There are two steps to complete the process:

    1. If you have NOT already started a SSAR account:
      1. Create a new SSAR account at https://ssar.selfreportedtranscript.com/Login.aspx?pt_ceeb=281DB5183C943EE6
      2. Complete your transcript and test score information
      3. Return to the AppStatus portal to link that SSAR to your FAU application

    2. Once you have completed your SSAR, please follow the instruction below:
      1. Copy your confirmation number from the bottom of the page of the AppStatus portal page
      2. Use the botton below to log in using your
        1. SSAR email account
        2. SSAR password
        3. FAU application confirmation number copied in step a
      3. Select CONTINUE and then submit your SSAR to FAU

Watch this video on how to submit your SSAR:

Click to link your SSAR to FAU


Where do I create my SSAR?

After you have completed your FAU admissions application, you will receive a confirmation email that we received your admissions application. You must complete your FAU application first in order to link your SSAR. Click on the “Link Self-Reported Academic Record” in your confirmation email to go to the SSAR record.


When do I complete the SSAR?

We recommend that you complete the SSAR after submitting your application for admission. Your application for admission will not be reviewed until your application fee, SSAR, and test scores have been received.

Do home-educated students complete the SSAR?

Yes, if they have followed an academic curriculum patterned after the traditional U.S. system. If the curriculum followed cannot be represented on the SSAR, we ask that you contact the Office of Admissions at admissions@fau.edu or 561-297-3040 for further instruction.

What if I have graduated from High School?

Yes, you will complete the SSAR. Students that have graduated from high school will list all of their coursework and all final grades on the SSAR.

What will happen if I do not complete the SSAR?

All freshman applicants (excluding the exceptions) must complete the SSAR. If you are unable to complete the SSAR, you must contact the Office of Admissions at admissions@fau.edu or 561-297-3040.

Do I need to include high school courses taken while I was in middle school/junior high school?

Yes. Every academic course that you have attempted for high school credit while in middle school/junior high school must be listed on the SSAR.

How do I enter my grades on the SSAR?

The SSAR collects grades on a semester basis. Please refer to the following examples to guide your grade submission. If your high school transcript has:

  1. Only semester grades: enter your semester grades as shown on your transcript.
  2. Only final grades: enter the final grade twice (first semester and second semester) for yearlong courses (one credit), and once for semester-long courses (1/2 credit). For example, if you earned a grade of B in Algebra I which is a yearlong course (1 credit), enter that grade twice (first semester and second semester).
  3. Both semester grades and final grades: use the final grade. For example, if you took Algebra I earning an A in the first semester and a B in the second semester with your final grade being a B, enter a grade of B twice (first semester and second semester).
  4. Both trimester grades and final grades: use the final grade. If the course is yearlong, enter the final grade twice. If the course is only for one trimester, enter the grade in either the first or second semester.
  5. Block scheduling: you are completing a yearlong course (one credit) in one semester and a semester-long course (1/2 credit) in nine weeks. A one credit course will be entered twice (first semester and second semester), and a 1/2 credit course will be entered once.
  6. Dual-enrollment courses: you must self-report all college courses' grades listed on your transcript. If your course is one credit in high school, enter the grade twice (first semester and second semester). If your course is 1/2 credit, enter the grade once.
  7. Numerical grades: you must convert to A-F grades using the following grading scale.
A 4 (90-100)
B 3 (80-89)
C 2 (70-79)
D 1 (60-69)
F 0 (below 60)

If your transcript does not fall into one of the above categories, please email the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at admissions@fau.edu or 561-297-3040.

How do I update my SSAR?

It is very important that you keep the information in your SSAR current. You should update your SSAR if you have changes to your class schedule or mid-year grades which were not available when your SSAR was first created.

How do I unlock my SSAR?

In order to update your SSAR, you will first need to unlock it. Once you have logged back into your SSAR, click on the "Record Complete" link at the top of the page.


Next, on the Record Complete page, click the "Update Academic Record" link.


After clicking that link, you will see the message below. Click the "OK" button to unlock your SSAR.


How do I edit my SSAR?

Now that your SSAR is unlocked, this page provides the links you will need to edit the applicable sections of your SSAR

  • Clicking on the "Edit Schools” link, on the right side of the page, allows you to change your graduation year, high school you are graduating from, dates of attendance, or grade scale.
  • Clicking on the "Edit Coursework" link, on the right side of the page, allows you to change your course details and grades, cumulative weighted GPA, and class rank.

“Edit Schools” link

This is where you will make changes to your graduation year, dates of attendance, grading scale, and high school.

Your graduating high school is where all information is listed, regardless of how many high schools you may have attended. After you have made all of the updates you need on this page, click the "Continue" button at the bottom to move to the Coursework section of your SSAR.

CAUTION: If you click on the trash can icon, you will delete your high school and all associated information from your SSAR. If you only wish to change the high school, select the edit option and avoid the trash can. Only select the trash can icon if you have mistakenly entered the wrong high school when creating your SSAR!


“Edit Coursework” link

This is where you will make changes to your course details and grades, cumulative weighted GPA, and class rank.

Click the “Edit” button on the right side of the page, and you will receive a pop-up window allowing you to update this information. When finished, click “Continue”

IMPORTANT: If you receive an error message, or do not see the pop-up window, please check your browser settings to ensure that pop-ups are allowed for this site, and try again. There may be further pop-ups in future steps.


Click the "Edit" button next to the correct subject to update your course grades and details.

You will receive a new pop-up window, showing any coursework you previously entered, where you can make changes to that information, or add new course details.

  • IMPORTANT: We highly suggest that you take a moment to re-familiarize yourself with the instructions, before making any changes to your coursework.
  • To do so, please click on the "Re-display detailed instructions" link, shown below.


This page will show all the coursework you have previously entered, including any Senior Year courses that were entered with an “In-Progress” grade. To make any corrections, or update an “IP” grade, click on the “Edit” link next to the semester grade you want to change.

You can also remove dropped, or incorrect courses, as well as add new courses, on the same screen.

IMPORTANT: Please keep in mind that only one line can be updated at a time.


Once you have selected “Edit”, the selected course will appear in the Edit Course potion of the page. Simply alter the grade shown to the new grade (including “In-Progress” to an actual grade), then select “Save Changes.”

When finished making any needed changes in a particular subject area, select “Back.”


These steps are to be repeated, as necessary, to update the mid-year grades for all of your senior year courses, or for any other corrections and updates needed.

How do I submit my SSAR?

When you are finished updating, select the “Review/Submit” button below on the page.


To complete the submission of your updates, you will re-enter you SSAR credentials (Email Address and Password in the “Electronic Signature” near the bottom of the page, then select “Submit.”


You should then be prompted by a window with the following message:


I attended an International or American School outside the United States

If you attend an International or American high school outside the United States, you must request that your high school counselor or school administrator email an official PDF copy of your current high school transcript. It must be emailed to admissions@fau.edu and the subject line must include International High School Transcript and your full name as written on your FAU application. Alternatively, mail your transcripts via post to:

Florida Atlantic University
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
777 Glades Road - SU 80
P.O. Box 3091
Boca Raton, FL 33431-0991