Internal Medicine Residency Teaching Hospitals
The FAU Internal Medicine Residency is centered around three major area hospitals that form the basis for high quality clinical training. The goal is to provide our residents with a comprehensive array of outstanding clinical services and a broad diversity of patients.
Born out of compelling community need in 1967, Boca Raton Regional Hospital is a not-for-profit, advanced tertiary medical center that is part of the Baptist Health South Florida healthcare system.
- 400 beds
- Nearly 20,000 admissions per year
- Recognized leader in Cardiovascular Care, Oncology, Women’s Health, Orthopedics, Emergency Medicine and the Neurosciences, all of which offer state-of-the-art diagnostic and imaging capabilities.
- Comprehensive cancer care through the Lynn Cancer Institute
- Host site for one of the two continuity clinics
- Home of the Marcus Neuroscience Institute as well as the FAU neurology residency program
- Full array of surgical services including the FAU surgery residency program
Bethesda Hospital East is a community-based hospital in Boynton Beach that is part of the not-for-profit Baptist Health South Florida system. It offers a full array of healthcare services.
- 401 hospital beds
- Over 19,000 admissions per year
- Comprehensive cardiovascular services including a freestanding heart hospital that performs complex interventional procedures and cardiothoracic surgeries.
- Advanced primary stroke center
- Surgical services including residents from the FAU surgery residency program
- FAU EM residents staff the emergency department which has >60,000 ER visits per year
- Inpatient rehabilitation center
- Host site for one of the two continuity clinics (Bethesda Community Health Center)
- OB-GYN services with >3,000 deliveries per year
Delray Medical Center has been a mainstay of hospital care for over 35 years. It offers a wide range of specialized services, including emergency care, cardiovascular care, orthopedics, a comprehensive stroke center, rehabilitation, and psychiatric services.
- Level I Trauma Center
- 536 hospital beds
- Over 19,000 admissions per year and >56,000 emergency department visits
- Comprehensive cardiovascular and neurological services
- Inpatient psychiatric services (Fair Oaks)
- EM residents help staff the emergency department
- Primary teaching site for the FAU psychiatry residency, cardiovascular disease fellowship, and vascular surgery fellowship programs