Apply to Internal Medicine Residency
Florida Atlantic University's Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine
Internal Medicine Categorical Program
ACGME Program Number: 1401100923
ERAS/NRMP Program ID numbers:
- Categorical IM: 1586140C0
- Preliminary IM: 1586140P0
Thank you for your interest in our training program in the Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine at Florida Atlantic University. The Internal Medicine Residency participates in the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) and National Residency Matching Program (NRMP). We do not accept any applicants outside the match.
- We offer 24 categorical and 3 preliminary positions each year.
- We accept applications and documents via ERAS only.
- Deadline for receipt of applications is November 6.
- Interviews are held three days per week from November through the end of January.
- Interviews are granted on an invitation only basis.
- We will have the capacity to interview all who are invited.
- In keeping with recommendations from AAMC and AAIM, all interviews will be conducted virtually, and there will be opportunities to meet faculty as well as current residents during the interview day.
ERAS Applications must include the following:
- ERAS common application
- Personal statement
- 2-3 letters of recommendation written within the past 6 months
- For categorical applicants only, one LOR should be from the Department of Medicine or their representative
- USMLE and/or COMLEX Step 1, 2 & 3 scores, if applicable.
- ECFMG Certification/CSA test results, if applicable
General Information About ERAS
If you are graduating or have graduated from a U.S. medical school, you must contact your medical school's student affairs office or other designated dean’s office. Your dean’s office will provide you with the information and the software for ERAS. If you are graduating or have graduated from a Canadian medical school, please contact the Canadian Resident Matching Service at 613-237-0075. For ERAS processing information or to write to the Canadian Resident Matching Service, contact:
Canadian Resident Matching Service
151 Slater Street, Suite 802
Ottawa, Ontario, K1P-5H3
If you are graduating or have graduated from a foreign medical school, you must contact the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) for application materials and eligibility requirement. Please write to:
P.O. Box 13467
Philadelphia, PA 19104-3467