Simulation Center Certifications
Read more about the available certifications below...
Basic Life Support for healthcare providers is available to healthcare professionals whose proficiency in BLS will better equip them to serve the community. BLS certification includes training on:
- How to perform CPR on infants, children, and adults
- How to use an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- How to relieve choking (foreign-body airway obstruction)
- How to respond to life-threatening emergencies according to the "chain of survival"
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) training is available to healthcare professionals for initial or recertification of their ACLS Providers Certificate. This course teaches the systemic approach to dealing with Emergency Cardiovascular Care, including pre-hospital and in-hospital treatment of patients in cardiovascular distress. The program evaluation includes hands-on exercises with human mannequin simulators for case-based learning and skills proficiency. The course covers:
- Review of Basic Life Support
- Primary and Secondary ABC (Airway, Breathing, Circulatory) steps
- Advanced application of the links in the "chain of survival"
- Treatment for patients who are in imminent danger of cardiac arrest or who have been arrested, including
- Pharmacology for cardiovascular emergencies
- Treatment for emergency airway issues
- Basic cardiac rhythm interpretation
- Effective team dynamics for cardiovascular life support
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) training is available to healthcare professionals for initial or recertification of their PALS Providers Certificate. This course teaches the pediatric assessment approach to deal with Emergency Pediatric Care, including:
- Assess-categorize-decide-act model
- Identification of core rhythms
- Knowledge of core drugs
- Knowledge of PALS flowcharts and algorithms
The program evaluation includes hands-on exercises with human pediatric mannequin simulators for case-based learning and skills proficiency.