Ph.D. Degree Programs
The FAU Ph.D. degree program in Integrative Biology allows students to pursue career goals in a wide-range of dynamic fields ranging from biomedical science through marine biology.
The IBBS Ph.D. Program provides students with an extensive array of hands-on research training and thesis opportunities in a wide-variety of emerging biomedical science areas including: Human Genetics and Genomics; Precision Medicine; Cancer Biology and Prevention; Microbiology, Immunology and Infectious Disease; HIV/AIDS Mechanisms and Treatments; Respiratory Physiology and Biophysics; Visual Biology and Diseases; Breast Cancer Mechanisms and Therapy; Huntington’s Disease Mechanisms; Alzheimer’s Disease Mechanisms and Therapy; Vaccine Development; Osteoarthritis Prevention and Treatment; Prostate Cancer Mechanisms; Cardiac Physiology and Disease; Childhood Malaria Mechanisms and more. Learn more about Research Opportunities.
Ph.D. in Integrative Biology-Biomedical Science
The Biomedical Science (IBBS) track of the Integrative Biology Ph.D. program is designed to provide students with the advanced knowledge and hands-on learning experience they need to achieve success in the growing biomedical science field by combining innovative study programs with state-of-the-art research opportunities.
Ph.D. in Integrative Biology and Neuroscience (IBAN)
Integrative Biology-Neuroscience is a joint FAU-Max Planck Florida Institute for Neuroscience program. Completion of the neuroscience concentration provides students with both knowledge and practical experience in the neuroscience field at an advanced level.
NSF-Funded Traineeship in Computational Bioinformatics and Biomedical Science
Great opportunity for current graduate students. Scholarship up to $34,000 per year plus tuition.
- Ph.D. student in the College of Medicine Integrative Biology Biomedical Science Track program working under the guidance of a College of Medicine faculty member.
- US Citizen or Resident
- High GPA
For Program Information / Research Opportunities
Program Partners and Institutions
- Charles E. Schmidt College of Science, Department of Biological Sciences
- The Jupiter Life Science Initiative, Florida Atlantic University
- Charles E. Schmidt College of Science, Center for Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
- Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institute, Florida Atlantic University
- FAU Graduate College
- The Max Planck Florida Institute for Neuroscience