Internal Medicine Residency Extras
Podcast "I Think Therefore I.M."
- started by one of our former PGY3 chief residents (Dr. Navneet Kaur) and a core faculty member, Dr. Dan Gutman.
- reviews of medical topics in a fun portable format
- highlights not only our own residents and faculty but also some of our affiliate faculty as well as guest speakers
- great way to review medical topics on the go!
- led by PGY3 residents, this committee helps in the recruitment efforts for the incoming intern class
- facilitates the weekly “meet and greet” on Zoom during interview season
- spends time on interview day answering questions and getting to know applicants
- function as liaisons for post-interview questions
- send personal welcome messages (phone, text, video chat) to matched interns
- plans and implements various events during the year
- surveys residents on their needs and helps the leadership address those needs
- made up of all representatives from all 3 classes of residents
Volunteering at Local Health Fairs
- providing health screens such as A1c and lipid point-of-care testing as well as BP and BMI screening
- helps also recruit patients to our two continuity clinics
- also a great chance to “give back” to the local communities where we live and learn
Volunteer for Mission Trips with Affiliate Faculty
- residents have gone to Haiti and to the Philippines