Welcome to the Center for Connected Autonomy and Artificial Intelligence (CA-AI) at Florida Atlantic University.
May 30 - June 1, 2022
March 4, 2021
July 14-16, 2021
July 22-23, 2020
News and Announcements
- 10/28/2022 CA-AI graduate student Sanaz Naderi is selected as a winner of the National Spectrum Consortium’s inaugural Women in Spectrum Scholarship. Congratulations Sanaz!
- 10/23/2022 REU 2022 students Parker Wilmoth, Ynes Ineza and Tariq Wardak won for 2nd place for their poster at the 8th National Workshop for REU Research in Networking and Systems (held together with IEEE MASS). Congratulations Parker, Ynes and Tariq!
- 9/10/2022 CA-AI joins the MITRE Engenuity Open Generation 5G Consortium.
- 8/24/2022 CA-AI graduate students Sanaz Naderi and George Orfanidis receive FAU Graduate Fellowship For Academic Excellence Award. Congratulations Sanaz and George!
- 8/12/2022 CA-AI researchers participate in the new NSF Engineering Research Center for Smart Streetscapes (CS3). Learn more.
- 7/15/2022 Postdoctoral positions available. Learn more.
- 3/11/2022 Dr. Dimitris Pados receives the FAU Researcher of the Year Award at the Professor level.
- 3/11/2022 Dr. Zhen Ni receives the FAU Researcher of the Year Award at the Assistant Professor level.
- 1/20/2022 Dr. Xiangnan Zhong receives the International Neural Network Society Young Investigator Award!
- 12/15/2021 Congratulations to CA-AI's undergraduate researchers Felipe Sanchez and Emily Chamberlain for winning People's Choice Award at the FAU Engineering Fall 2021 showcase!
- 11/22/2021 CA-AI enters the Forecasting Floats in Turbulence DARPA Challenge (44 teams from 7 countries qualified to predict the position of 90 floats in the North Atlantic). Best of luck George Orfanidis and team!
- 11/10/2021 CA-AI to create first mmwave networked-AI robotic platform!
- 10/8/2021 Parker Wilmoth, Ryan Balloun (REU 2021 scholars) and Jayden Noel (FAU high-school) are selected as finalists and will pitch their research on ambient underwater acoustic backscatter networks to pursue one of the $45k Ocean Exchange Collegiate Awards.
- 9/22/2021 Dr. Dimitris Pados receives The Florida Atlantic Research & Development Authority 2021 Distinguished Researcher Award!
- Ms. Sanaz Naderi and Dr. Amir Torabi have been accepted to attend Colosseum's Young Gladiators Master Class 2021.
- New videos on wireless and robotics research released!
- 3/4/2021 Dr. Zhen Ni receives the NSF CAREER Award!
- The CA-AI Center welcomes its newest faculty/senior member, Dr. Oscar Curet, NSF CAREER awardee in 2018. Welcome on board Oscar!
- 2/23/2021 Dr. Xiangnan Zhong receives the NSF CAREER Award!
- Dr. George Sklivanitis is recognized by the Economist as one of the three winners of the World Ocean Initiative's Ocean Changemakers Challenge!
- CA-AI Ph.D. candidate Kavita Varma wins 3rd place in IEEE/MTS OCEANS 2020 student poster competition. Congratulations Kavita!
- Important grant from NSF -- Master's degree in AI now within reach of low-income students.
- Dr. Dimitris Pados and Dr. George Sklivanitis co-edit a Special Issue Special for "Underwater Wireless Communications and Networking" in MDPI Sensors.
- FAU Center for CA-AI co-organizes IEEE WCNEE 2020, 3rd IEEE Int'l Workshop on Wireless Communications & Networking in Extreme Environments
- FAU Center for CA-AI is a showcase finalist for the AFWERX Multi-domain Challenge
- FAU Center for CA-AI members receives NSF Grant for Novel Real-time Undersea Wireless Communications & Surveillance Technology
The CA-AI Center proudly acknowledges the support by the Schmidt Family Foundation, FAU I-SENSE, the National Science Foundation, Air Force Research Laboratory, Air Force Office of Scientific Research, Army Research Office, U.S. industry and other Department of Defense agencies.