Welcome to the Center for Connected Autonomy and Artificial Intelligence (CA-AI) at Florida Atlantic University.
May 30 - June 1, 2022
March 4, 2021
July 14-16, 2021
July 22-23, 2020
News and Announcements
- 9/10/2022 CA-AI joins the MITRE Engenuity Open Generation 5G Consortium.
- 8/24/2022 CA-AI graduate students Sanaz Naderi and George Orfanidis receive FAU Graduate Fellowship For Academic Excellence Award. Congratulations Sanaz and George!
- 8/12/2022 CA-AI researchers participate in the new NSF Engineering Research Center for Smart Streetscapes (CS3). Learn more.
- 7/15/2022 Postdoctoral positions available. Learn more.
- 3/11/2022 Dr. Dimitris Pados receives the FAU Researcher of the Year Award at the Professor level.
- 3/11/2022 Dr. Zhen Ni receives the FAU Researcher of the Year Award at the Assistant Professor level.
- 1/20/2022 Dr. Xiangnan Zhong receives the International Neural Network Society Young Investigator Award!
- 12/15/2021 Congratulations to CA-AI's undergraduate researchers Felipe Sanchez and Emily Chamberlain for winning People's Choice Award at the FAU Engineering Fall 2021 showcase!
- 11/22/2021 CA-AI enters the Forecasting Floats in Turbulence DARPA Challenge (44 teams from 7 countries qualified to predict the position of 90 floats in the North Atlantic). Best of luck George Orfanidis and team!
- 11/10/2021 CA-AI to create first mmwave networked-AI robotic platform!
- 10/8/2021 Parker Wilmoth, Ryan Balloun (REU 2021 scholars) and Jayden Noel (FAU high-school) are selected as finalists and will pitch their research on ambient underwater acoustic backscatter networks to pursue one of the $45k Ocean Exchange Collegiate Awards.
- 9/22/2021 Dr. Dimitris Pados receives The Florida Atlantic Research & Development Authority 2021 Distinguished Researcher Award!
- Ms. Sanaz Naderi and Dr. Amir Torabi have been accepted to attend Colosseum's Young Gladiators Master Class 2021.
- New videos on wireless and robotics research released!
- 3/4/2021 Dr. Zhen Ni receives the NSF CAREER Award!
- The CA-AI Center welcomes its newest faculty/senior member, Dr. Oscar Curet, NSF CAREER awardee in 2018. Welcome on board Oscar!
- 2/23/2021 Dr. Xiangnan Zhong receives the NSF CAREER Award!
- Dr. George Sklivanitis is recognized by the Economist as one of the three winners of the World Ocean Initiative's Ocean Changemakers Challenge!
- CA-AI Ph.D. candidate Kavita Varma wins 3rd place in IEEE/MTS OCEANS 2020 student poster competition. Congratulations Kavita!
- Important grant from NSF -- Master's degree in AI now within reach of low-income students.
- Dr. Dimitris Pados and Dr. George Sklivanitis co-edit a Special Issue Special for "Underwater Wireless Communications and Networking" in MDPI Sensors.
- FAU Center for CA-AI co-organizes IEEE WCNEE 2020, 3rd IEEE Int'l Workshop on Wireless Communications & Networking in Extreme Environments
- FAU Center for CA-AI is a showcase finalist for the AFWERX Multi-domain Challenge
- FAU Center for CA-AI members receives NSF Grant for Novel Real-time Undersea Wireless Communications & Surveillance Technology
The CA-AI Center proudly acknowledges the support by the Schmidt Family Foundation, FAU I-SENSE, the National Science Foundation, Air Force Research Laboratory, Air Force Office of Scientific Research, Army Research Office, U.S. industry and other Department of Defense agencies.