The ACCUPLACER is accepted for FAU High School programs or Dual Enrollment. - All testing is done in person.
If you have any questions regarding what exam to take, please contact FAU High or Dual Enrollment before registering for an exam.
*Read all information on this page carefully BEFORE you register to avoid any errors*
FAU High Applicants
FAU High applicants must test in-person
*FAU High allows the Accuplacer/Writeplacer to be taken a maximum of two times. The full battery of exams (Accuplacer/Writeplacer) must be taken in one session before registering for a Retake. Sections cannot be taken individually when you are taking the Accuplacer/Writeplacer for the first time.
In-person testing is limited to various Saturdays at the Boca Raton campus only.
FAU DUAL ENROLLMENT Applicants
For FAU Dual Enrollment Applicants, the Accuplacer is available for in-person testing only. The Writeplacer is not required for Dual Enrollment.
OTHER INSTITUTIONS Applicants
VERY IMPORTANT: THIS IS FOR STUDENTS TAKING ACCUPLACER FOR ANOTHER INSTITUTION, NOT FAU. Make sure you have followed the Proctored Correspondence Instructions BEFORE Registering at
ACCUPLACER TEST FEES: NO changes will be made to registrations once paid.
Accuplacer Testing fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Appointments cannot be rescheduled without additional cost.
$43.50 - Accuplacer AND WritePlacer (all 4 sections)
$33.50 - Accuplacer - 3 Sections
RETAKES - IN PERSON
$11.50 - Accuplacer- Retake 1 Section Only
$23.50 - Accuplacer - Retake 2 Sections Only
$33.50 - Accuplacer- Retake 3 Sections Only
$23.50 - Retake WritePlacer Only
You must wait 2 weeks before re-taking the ACCUPLACER test. DAY 1 BEGINS THE DAY AFTER YOUR TEST DATE. Scores will not be considered valid unless 2 weeks have passed.
- FAU High program limits taking each section of the Accuplacer twice and, both the Accuplacer and WritePlacer are required.
- FAU High school will only accept two score reports
- For FAU High School minimum score consideration click here
- FAU High School New Admissions information can be found at:http://www.fauhigh.fau.edu/admissions/index.php#Timeline
Timing of Exam
- Accuplacer exams taken in-person are untimed, but limited to the Testing Center closing times.
- Arrival Time - You must be punctual. Late arrivals may not be able to test. Therefore, please arrive no later than 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment to allow for checkin..
- Students will print their own score report after the exam is concluded by going to the Accuplacer student portal at www.accuplacer.org.
*For student ID# - please enter the phone number used when registering.
What You Need to Test
A Non-Expired Photo ID, FROM THE LIST BELOW, is required OF THE TEST TAKER, (no matter the age) must be presented prior to testing. NO EXCEPTIONS. You will not test without a valid, non-expired PHOTO ID from the list below. The TEST TAKER'S photo ID must match exactly the name you used when registering. IE: Double or hyphenated last names. If the ID that you are using on test day has 2 last names, then you MUST register using BOTH last names.
ID IS REQUIRED FOR IN-PERSON TESTING.
Listed below are the ONLY acceptable forms of test taker's photo identification. The ID presented must be the original document. (N o photocopies or pictures presented on phones will be accepted):
Students must present an original photo ID document with a signature, from the list below-
**SCHOOL ID's ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE.
- Current Non-Expired Driver's License
- State Approved Non-Expired ID (http://www.flhsmv.gov/) - ALL AGES MINORS INCLUDED
- Military ID
- Current Non-Expired Passport
- Tribal ID Card
**If you do not one of the acceptable ID's listed above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE REGISTERING for test.**
Any minors testing in-person must bring the required signed PARENT RESPONSIBILTY FORM
Schedule Your Exam
By clicking the "Register Now" Button I agree that I have read and understand that I am registering for the Accuplacer exam to be proctored in-person. I understand the guidelines in the information listed above including the required ID requirements for in-person testing. If I am testing in-person (for FAU High Only), I acknowledge that I am required to bring the required completed parent responsiblity form.
**DO NOT ENTER A HOTMAIL, MSN, Palmbeachcountyschools.ORG, or OUTLOOK.COM ADDRESS IN THE EMAIL FIELD WHEN REGISTERING.**