Change of Major Process and General Forms

Undergraduate Major/Minor Change

  • To request a change of major, you will need to schedule an appointment with an advisor for the new intended major to determine the requirements for the new major/minor/certificate.
  • If the program is outside of the COS and will be added to your existing COS major, you will also need to discuss the change with a COS advisor by appointment or by e-mail.
  • Once you have had one or both of the above conversations, then you can submit the requested change by e-mail (i.e. “I would like to add an XXXX minor to my degree”)
  • An advisor from the appropriate college will submit the change on your behalf.

College Petition Forms

- Used to request an exception to the College of Science requirements or rules.

Degree Application

- Used to apply for your degree (due no later than the 3rd week of your graduating semester).

Enrollment Verification Form

- This is a Registrar form, allowing you to obtain documentation from the Registrar's office concerning your enrollment status at FAU.

Gordon Rule Evaluation Form

- Used by the Registrar's office, to apply transfer work toward the state's Gordon Rule requirements.


- This is a Federal law form designed to protect the privacy of educational records.

Transient Petition Form  

- Required for students taking courses at other institutions.

Additional Information
The Charles E. Schmidt College of Science offers unparalleled experiential learning opportunities to prepare the next generation of scientists and problem solvers.
Charles E. Schmidt College of Science
Florida Atlantic University
777 Glades Rd, SE-43
Boca Raton, FL 33431
Fax: (561) 297-3292