You can meet with your academic advisor by viewing their availability in your Success Network. You can access your Success Network by one of the following:
Please note that due to the large amount of submitted requests, processing is taking longer than expected. We will continue to process them in the order in which they were received as quickly as possible.
Upon matriculation at Florida Atlantic University, undergraduate students are expected to take courses required for the degree in residence at FAU. Students may take courses elsewhere if certain conditions are met, such as the course is not offered at FAU or the student will be residing outside the FAU commuting area. To take courses elsewhere, students must follow the process found below and obtain approval in advance.
Also, students should be aware of the following requirements:
1. the last 30 upper-division credits must be taken at FAU; and
2. at least 75 percent of the upper-division courses in the major must be taken at FAU.
Students who find it necessary to take an upper-division course elsewhere within their last 30 credits of enrollment may petition to do so via the Academic Petitions Process. Please visit your college’s student services webpage and/or office for additional information. This petition must be approved before students can submit their transient request.
Graduate students should contact the Graduate College before submitting a request.
The steps below are for students requesting to take courses in the State of Florida at a Public Institution for Undergraduate students only. Please speak with your
if you are taking courses out-of-state or at a private institution.
In order for a transient request to be approved:
PART IThere are many course options available in the summer. If your request in Part 1 was not approved, it is VERY important that you meet with your academic advisor to see what additional courses are available to keep you on track to graduate.
B. Submit a New Request
1. Click Create/Review Request at the top left corner of the screen.
2. Select the following information from the drop down menus:
3. Add your course(s). To add a course, click on Add Course.
4. Enter the following information:
5. Once finished adding courses, click Submit for Approval .
6. To view your request(s), both Pending and Completed, click My Request at the top left corner of the screen. Double click the school name in the Requests box to see the Approval status of your completed request(s).
C. Once your request is COMPLETED (Completed does not mean approved)
1. Log back in to the system:
2. Click My Request at the menu at the top of the screen.
3. Double click the school name in the Request Box to see the details of your Completed request(s).
1. You will receive an email to your FAU email account once you submit your request indicating your request has been submitted and is PENDING.
2. You will receive a second email to your FAU email account once your request has been COMPLETED. You will need to log back into the system to view the status of your completed request. If you complete PART II, you will receive an email indicating if your Transient Form Application is approved.
You must have approval in PART I and a verification code before you can complete PART II. Remember: Approval in PART I means you are eligible, based on your selected justification, to take courses another institution. PART II is specific course approval. Although you may have approval in PART 1, you may not receive approval in PART II if the course(s) you select are not in line with your degree requirements and advisor's recommendations.
NOTES: Once you complete PART II, you will receive an email indicating if your Transient Form Application is approved.