Ph.D. Dissertation Defense Guidelines
Steps to Creating and Submitting a Ph.D. Dissertation Defense Announcement
- Download the announcement template, (Word file).
- Enter your information. (please do not alter the formatting).
- Submit your announcement to your advisor for approval.
- After your advisor approves, email the Word document, the virtual defense link (WebEx, Skype, Zoom, or other University-approved platforms), and a JPG portrait photo of yourself to email@example.com.
- JPG Photo Requirements
• At a minimum, photos should be 800 pixels wide x 800 pixels high at a resolution of 72 DPI. Any current smartphone model can achieve this.
• The subject in the photo should be well lit by either natural light or other light sources. If a good light source is not available, consider taking photos during the daytime.
• The photo should have a simple background without distracting or inappropriate content.
• The subject’s face should be a clear image.
Your announcement will be submitted to the Associate Dean of Graduate Studies for final approval, and you will be notified via email of any requested changes/edits.
Once your announcement is approved, it will be emailed to all College faculty, staff and students.
Announcements are archived and can be viewed anytime at eng.fau.edu/news/phd-announcements.php.