JOINT BS/PHD DEGREE PROGRAM
Benefits of the Program
- Students may count up to 12 credits of graduate coursework (5000 level or higher) offered by the EECS Department toward both their BS and PhD degrees.
- The GRE requirement is waived.
Joint BS/PhD programs
The EECS department offers the following Joint BS/PhD programs:
- BS Computer Science to PhD Computer Science.
- BS Computer Engineering to PhD Computer Engineering.
- BS Electrical Engineering to PhD Electrical Engineering.
What are the Steps and Requirements for Applying to the Program?
- A cumulative GPA of 3.5 or better at the end of the junior year with 90 credits or more of coursework completed. The cumulative FAU GPA of at least 3.5 must be maintained until the completion of the bachelor's degree.
- The GRE is not required for this special program.
- Apply for graduate admission at the Graduate College or online at fau.edu/graduate/applyonline.
- The application must include one reference letter.
- Admission to the program must be completed at least one semester prior to the start of the PhD degree program.
- Students can take graduate courses in their senior year, with the approval of their academic advisor, that will apply to both the BS and the PhD degree. A maximum of 12 credits can be applied to both the BS and the PhD degree.
- Students must maintain continuous enrollment to remain in the program.
- Fill out the following forms: