How Students Learn
The scholarship on teaching has shifted from how and what we teach to how students learn. By understanding the learning process, faculty gain insight into strategies to better engage students in learning. The links below provide insight into this scholarship, as well as a general overview of "active learning", a means to engage students in learning.
- How People Learn: Brain, Mind, Experience, and School, National Research Council
- Teaching to Variation in Learning, Brown
- Theory and Research-Based Principles of Learning, Carnegie Mellon
- Using Active Learning in the Classroom, Buffalo State
- Active Learning for the College Classroom, CalState LA