Civic Literacy Test
Students may complete this requirement in one of the following ways:
- Successfully pass POS 2041: Government of the United States.
At some Florida college/ Universities, this course is numbered POS 1041.
- Successfully pass AMH 2020: U.S. History since 1877. At some Florida institutions, this course is numbered AMH 1020.
- Achieving the minimum required score one of the following assessments
|Assessment||Minimum Required Score|
|Civic Literacy Test||60|
|CLEP American Government||50|
Test Center Regulations
Examinees are required to be professional, civil and respectful at all time while on the premises of the Test Center. All exams are continuously monitored by video and audio recording, physical walk-through, and through the observation window. The Test Center Staff may dismiss you from the test session for a violation of any of the Test Center Regulations, including exhibiting abusive behavior towards the Test Center Staff or other examinees. A brief security check upon entry to the test room.
- Students testing at an FAU campus will make appointments at www.fau.edu/testing prior to arriving at the test center.
- You must be a currently enrolled student to take the exam.
- The spelling of your name must match your ID exactly.
- You must arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your testing time. Please be prompt. Late arrivals will not test.
- Only one attempt per day is allowable at the test center. No back-to-back testing is permitted.
A new appointment must be made from the available dates and times on our registration site.
- The FAU Testing Center provides special test accommodations for all candidates who qualify for non-standard test administrations http://fau.edu/testing/accommodations/Registration Information
In-Person Testing $10.00
Honorlock Remote $12.75
To register to take this exam remotely through Honorlock click here.
What to Bring
You must bring one form of identification. It must be a government-issued, valid photo ID with signature, matching exactly the name you used when registering and on your ID. NO EXCEPTIONS. Listed below are the only acceptable forms of photo identification
- Current driver's license
- State Approved ID
- Current Passport
- FAU Owl Card
- Military ID
Hoodies, sweaters, jackets, coats or outerwear are NOT permitted in the testing rooms. It is suggested to dress accordingly (long sleeves) or you may not be permitted to test.
Schedule Your Exam
Testing at FAU
1.Select the campus below to take your exam.
2.Click the arrow on the drop down menu in Step 1 and select- CIVIC Literacy Test. Follow the remaining steps to complete your registration.
.By clicking the campus location below, I agree that I have read and understood the listed information above including the ID requirements and Test Center Regulations and I am now ready to register. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU CLICK “Civic Literacy Test”