Professional PhD Degree Program in Computer Science
On Campus and Fully Online
The Professional PhD in Computer Science program provides students with advanced technical expertise they need to be successful in research and technical leadership positions in the industry and the public sector. Typical paths include senior positions in computer science related fields, careers as research scientists at high-tech companies and research labs, and academic careers in higher education. Topics of study include software engineering, artificial intelligence, cybersecurity and cryptography, machine learning and data analytics, spatial database and data mining, computer networking, cloud computing, Internet of Things and more.
Students can select between the following options:
- Professional Ph.D. in Computer Science, and
- Professional Ph.D. in Computer Science: Data Science and Analytics (DSA) Concentration
The program is designed specifically for working professionals with courses offered in a flexible format that includes evenings, weekends, and online material using Canvas. The duration of the program is about three years. Students have the option to complete the program fully online.
- Apply to the program. Please check the Admission Requirements.
- Complete the course work. Please check the Degree Requirements and the professional education 2021 - 2022 Course Offering and 2022 - 2023 Course Offering.
- Take the Qualifying Examination. (QE Application Form & QE Course Topics)
- Apply to Candidacy.
- Select your dissertation advisor and dissertation committee.
- Proposal defense.
- Dissertation and oral defense.
The Professional PhD in Computer Science is a full-service, all-inclusive program. Professional PhD in Computer Science Program fees cover all program costs, including tuition, meals for on-campus Saturday classes, course materials and graduation activities.
Total Cost: $800 per credit-hour; total cost for 42 credit-hours is $33,600.
Tuition Fees: Flexible payment plan and financial aid payment methods are available.
For more information about this program, please contact the program coordinator:
Assistant Director, Academic Support Services
College of Engineering and Computer Science
Florida Atlantic University