- Ongoing sponsored research on skin lesion segmentation and classification and early melanoma detection.
- Ongoing sponsored research on multi-channel real-time video enhancement.
- Ongoing research on medical image analysis using deep learning techniques.
- O. Marques, "Image Processing and Computer Vision for iOS", Springer, 2019 (to appear).
- B. Furht and O. Marques (editors), "Encyclopedia of Multimedia", 3rd edition, Springer (in preparation).
- O. Marques, "Computer Vision and Image Processing Recipes Using MATLAB®" (in preparation).
Teaching CAP 6618 - Machine Learning for Computer Vision, ISM 6058 - Mobile Apps for Business, and COP 3813 - Intro to Internet Computing (Spring 2019).
- Invited talk: “Human Augmentation”, Technische Universität Wien, Vienna, Austria, July 2019. (upcoming)
- Invited talk: “Human Augmentation”, Center for Brains, Minds and Machines (CBMM), Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), May 2019. (upcoming)
- Invited talk: “AI and Medicine: state of the art and trends”, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL, April 2019. (upcoming)
- Lecture: “Advancements in artificial intelligence: technology, risks, applications and implications”, Lifelong Learning Society (LLS), Florida Atlantic University, March 2019. (upcoming)