In order to be registered for URP 4945/6945 Planning Internship, you have to show proof of having an internship related to Urban Planning. For example, this can be in, but not limited to, these types of planning practices: city departments of Planning & Zoning, Parks & Recreation, Housing & Community Development, Neighborhood Services, or Environmental Protection; firms that perform Economic Development, Transportation Planning, Land Development, Real Estate Development, Environmental Sustainability, Workforce Development, or Urban Design. The internship requires that you complete at least 160 hours in a local planning agency or firm. To obtain approval for your proposed internship, please submit the form below with the first two sections completed.

Download this sheet on tips for how to obtain an internship

Visit the “Forms and Permission” page for the internship MOU form

For questions regarding the Bachelor of Urban and Regional Planning or Bachelor of Urban Design degree programs, please contact Dr. Diana Mitsova (Faculty Advisor) at

For questions regarding the Master of Urban and Regional Planning degree program, please contact Dr. Louis Merlin (Faculty Advisor) at

For questions about advising, please contact the College Advising Center at 561-297-3700. To make an appointment with your advisor, please log on to the Success Network/Starfish.