M.S. in Biomedical Science Post-Graduation Opportunities
Middle School Teacher & High School Teacher
Become a Certified Teacher in Palm Beach County
Go to the Palm Beach Schools website.
- Begin application
- Pay a $75 Application fee
- Send official transcripts of education to FLDOE address provided on site
- You will receive a statement of eligibility, if eligible, you can receive a temporary certificate that is valid for three years once you have been hired by a school
- You can find open positions by searching within the school district
- You must also have your fingerprints processed by the school district you wish to teach in.
Become a Substitute Teacher
- You must have at least 60 credits
- No central application online, recommended to call your local school to find out if
- substitute positions are available
- For example ADHUS/FAUHS has forms in the front office to apply
Palm Beach State and Broward College Adjunct Positions
- Adjunct positions for anatomy and physiology, biology, microbiology, and more
- Palm Beach State College Jobs
- Broward College Jobs (Most positions for online teaching)
Other Education Opportunities
Teaching Intern at FAU High
- If interested, please send resume to Dr. Amy Tift at
before the beginning of the semester.
Teaching Assistant Positions
Graduate students that receive teaching assistant positions receive a tuition waiver and stipend.
For TA opportunities please contact:
- Emily Newell firstname.lastname@example.org for Biology TA positions on Boca Campus
- Patrick Ande email@example.com for Chemistry TA positions on Boca Campus
- Sheryl Van Der Heiden SVANDER1@fau.edu for Biology TA positions on Davie Campus
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
Most positions are out of state, i.e. the National Heart, Blood, and Lungs Institute in Bethesda, MD. However, many positions are available and provide valuable experience in research and in working in a government laboratory. More info, and job listings can be found at the NIH website.
National Institute of Science and Technology
Center for Disease Control and Prevention
The CDC’s headquarters in Atlanta, GA provide various temporary and permanent postdoctoral fellowships, and give excellent experience and opportunities to those interested in research into communicable diseases. More info, and job listings can be found on the CDC website.
|Research Opportunities||FAU Professors|
|SIM Center Pathways Program||Miguel Castro
|Standardized Patient||Marina Sapp
|Boca Helping Hands||Tara Currier
|Boca Fertility||Michael Matilsky
|FAU Memory & Wellness Center||Krista Landells
|Tomorrow's Rainbow||Mary Jo Vandervoort
|Boca West Children's Foundation||
|Mind & Melody||
|Gift of Life||