MOVING ON TO CAMPUS
WELCOME TO CAMPUS!
On behalf of the Department of Housing and Residential Education at Florida Atlantic University, we would like to welcome you to campus! Soon you will be moving into your home away from home. We are very excited to have you staying with us this year, and hope that you will find the answers to many of your questions here.
To get you started, we have compiled the following resources to make your move-in as smooth as possible.
Spring Move-In Dates
Before you move-in:
• Log onto your housing portal and submit your move-in form.
• Select your appointment, you will receive a confirmation email.
• Verify your housing assignment on the housing portal before you arrive on campus.
• Review our packing list and make sure to have ID before you leave home!
• Review driving and parking directions.
Day of move-in:
• Arrive on campus and go to your assigned community’s designated unloading zones.
• If you already have your Owl Card, proceed directly to move-in check-in to receive your keys. A friend or family member may NOT check out a key for a resident.
• Students may bring guests to assist with move-in.
• Students have the option to bring their own dolly or hand-truck as move-in bins will be limited.
• Parking permits are not required during move-in. Do not park on sidewalks, on the grass or in ADA spaces.
• Don’t forget to complete your Room Condition Report in your housing portal once you are in your room.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE MOVE-IN
Housing fees must be paid by the University payment deadline for each semester. Payments may be made online at myfau.fau.edu. If you are not deferred by Financial Aid you must pay your student account in full or be enrolled in a payment plan by fee payment deadlines. Please visit: Payment Plans for payment deadlines.
FAU does not provide insurance for you or your property. You are encouraged to check your family homeowners’ policies or to carry your own insurance.
CONTACTING YOUR ROOMMATE(S) VIA EMAIL
We encourage you to contact your new roommate and suite-mates. Contact information is available through the housing portal, click on the upcoming semester to view occupant information. Two main things you want to do in this initial conversation are to introduce yourself and to provide some information about your likes and dislikes. This is also a great time to discuss and coordinate what items you will be bringing to campus. Some topics to get you started: Favorite music, food, movies or TV shows, your planned major or classes that you’ll be taking at FAU, what each of you will bring; TV, computer, printer, fridge, microwave, etc. and ways to stay in touch before the semester starts.
All residents must register their vehicle and license plate to park in green parking lots. To obtain your virtual permit:
- Go to parking.fau.edu and click the Single Sign On button.
- Log in with your FAUNet ID.
- Click on “Buy Permit”.
- Fill out all information correctly.
- Your license plate is your permit, so please ensure the license plate is entered correctly.
OWL CARD CENTER
It is strongly recommended to have your Owl Card before you head to move-in check-in. You can order your Owl Card ahead of time to avoid the lines during move-in. To order your Owl Card online visit the Owl Card Center here. To get your Owl Card on the Boca Raton campus, head to the Student Union where you will find the Owl Card Center.