FAQ - Move-In
- When are my housing fees due?
- What do students do between Move-In and the start of classes?
- What size are the beds in the residence halls?
- What furniture comes in the residence halls and apartments?
- What size refrigerator can I bring?
- Is there a rental service for refrigerators and microwaves?
- Can I bring a hot plate/grill/coffee maker/toaster?
- Can I change my room assignment prior to Move-In/the room transfer process?
- What is the address of the building I live in?
The remainder of the housing fees are due when FAU tuition and fees are due. Please refer to the Academic Calendar for these deadlines. Payment in full must be received in order for the Student to be permitted to reside in his/her assigned space. Payments may be made online at myFAU.
Each residence hall offers events and activities to keep all students active and engaged. In addition, Weeks of Welcome (WOW) begins immediately, and offers numerous events and activities throughout the first few weeks of class. For more information visit the Weeks of Welcome (WOW) website.
Beds in Atlantic Park Towers, Glades Park Towers, Heritage Park Towers, Indian River Towers, Parliament Hall, and University Village Apartments feature extra-long twin beds measuring (36” X 80”). Beds in Parliament Hall are lofted, with desk underneath. Beds in Innovation Village Apartments North and South feature standard full-size beds. For the Jupiter Campus, beds in HR1 and HR2 faeature extra-long twin beds measuring (36” X 80”). HR3 features standard full-size beds.
Every room on-campus is provided with a bed (extra-long twin 36” X 80” in all buildings except Innovation Village North and South which come with standard full-size beds), desk, desk chair, and dresser in every student room. Indian River Towers, University Village Apartments and Innovation Village Apartments also have furnishings provided in the common areas. Parliament Hall beds are lofted with desk/dresser under the bed. On the Jupiter Campus, all bedrooms are furnished with a bed, dresser, desk and desk chair per student. RH1 and RH2 include a sofa, chair, and coffee table in the living area.
• Students living in Innovation Village Apartments North and South are provided with a full-size refrigerator in the kitchen.
• Students living in University Village Apartments are provided with a full-size refrigerator in the kitchen.
• Students living in all other buildings may bring a personal refrigerator measuring 4.2 cubic feet or smaller.
No. Hot plates, deep fryers, toasters, grills, or any other appliance that have exposed heating elements are NOT permitted in any on-campus residence hall (HPT, GPT, IRT, PAR, UVA, BPWSH, IVAN, IVAS). Items that are permitted in the residence halls include: hot air popcorn poppers, small electric grills (i.e. George Foreman grill; no exposed heating element), toaster ovens, small convection ovens, microwaves, food processors, crock pots, blenders, electric mixers, coffee makers (that do not have exposed heating elements). Toasters are permitted ONLY in University Village Apartments (UVA) and Innovation Village Apartments (IVA).
No, once you are assigned to a room you cannot change your assignment until after the 2nd week of classes.
Please visit the Residence Hall and Apartment Directory page.