Housing and Residential Education at Jupiter (MacArthur) Campus
Welcome to the Department of Housing and Residential Education at Florida Atlantic Universityon the John D. MacArthur Jupiter campus. Our office is located in Residence Hall One (RH-1.)
All first year admitted students at the Wilkes Honors College students are required to live in University housing for the first two years of their enrollment and purchase a meal plan. Exceptions are made for students who are:
- 24 years of age or older on the date of their initial matriculation at the Honors College
- Parents of a dependent child or children
- US military veterans, honorably discharged
- Transfer students entering the Wilkes Honors College with a fully completed associate of arts degree or who have completed two years of college previously, which they pursued after high school.
- Transfer students who have completed one year of college are required to live on campus for one year. Spring transfer students who have only completed one semester of college are required to live on campus for three semesters.
Students who wish to be exempt should apply for an exemption by July 1 for fall and December 1 for spring. Requests for exemption will be heard by the Housing appeals committee. All decisions of the committee shall be considered final. Once the contract is signed and the academic year has begun, an exemption will not be granted, nor will the contract be cancelled for this purpose.