NEW TRANSFER AND NEW GRADUATE RESIDENTS
We are excited to welcome you to FAU! You must be admitted to FAU and new transfer students must have paid their tuition deposit prior to applying for housing.
HOW TO APPLY
Please Note – There is a $100 non-refundable application fee required to complete a housing application.The FAU Housing contract is a legally binding document. It is similar to a lease, do not submit unless you read and agree to the terms stating that you want to live on campus. Print a copy of the contract for your own records.
- Login to the Housing Portal with your FAUNetID and password.
- Click on Housing Contracts and select the blue Apply button to start your housing contract.
- Read through the terms and conditions of the contract before agreeing to it.
- The next few web pages will be the Housing Contract questions page. Please answer all Housing Contract questions accurately.
- You will add three room preferences. Room preferences are not guaranteed. If your preference is not available the next closest room type will be assigned. Contracts and assignments cannot be cancelled and payment will not be refunded if your preferred room type is not available.
- You will select a meal plan if you preference a residence hall which requires a meal plan.
- Upon successful completion and submission of your online contract, you will receive an email confirming your contract was completed. Please check your FAU email account for the confirmation email. If you do not receive an email confirmation your submission failed. We will not be able to process your contract and you will have to resubmit the contract.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR TRANSFER AND GRADUATE RESIDENTS
|March 1, 2023: Summer 1, 2 and 3 term housing contract is available for current students and new transfer students.
|October 10, 2023 at 9:00 a.m.: Housing contract for Spring 2024 opens through the Housing portal. The spring 2024 housing contract will close once spaces have filled. We anticipate a
high demand for spring only housing with limited availability.
Academic Year (Fall and Spring)
|February 17: Housing contract for Fall 2023 - Spring 2024 is available for admitted transfer students who have paid their tuition deposit. The housing contract for transfer student
will close when all upperclassman housing spaces have filled. Housing availability is limited for transfer students and is dependent on re-maining spaces after the current student renewal process.
Dates are subject to change
IMPORTANT TIPS FOR NEW INCOMING STUDENTS
- Spaces are limited and fill up quickly, we encourage all students to apply early.
- Housing placement is prioritized to first year students who are outside of 30 miles from campus and are required to reside on-campus. Students who are from within 30 miles of the Boca Raton campus will be assigned housing after all students who are not from a commutable distance have been assigned.
- The earlier you complete your housing contract, the better your chances will be to get your priority building or room type.
- The housing contract covers only the term you apply for, as an example Fall 2023 – Spring 2024 is an academic year contract for both semesters. Summer is a separate contract. You are responsible for the term of the contract.
- Students living in residence halls are required to participate in the Campus Meal Plan Program. For information, please visit our Dining Services page.
- If you plan to require housing accommodations/modification due to a disability, you must register with Student Accessibility Services (SAS). In order to register, you must submit an SAS Application for Support Services and appropriate documentation of your disability. You must have registered with SAS by May 1 for summer, June 1 for fall and November 1 for Spring.
- We are unable to accommodate roommate requests due to the high on campus housing demand.
Frequently Asked Questions