Housing Contract Priority Renewals are November 3- 17 for Fall 2022 – Spring 2023
All Processes are Online at https://housingportal.fau.edu
November 3 - 17 current Boca Raton on-campus residents have priority to complete their housing contract for Fall 2022 - Spring 2023. To participate in the priority housing renewal process, residents must have a current university balance less than $300. Students may match with up to four students in a roommate group. You must have a completed housing contract to match with a roommate.
After November 17, the Fall 2022 - Spring 2023 housing contract is available to current residents and students, and new incoming spring students, regardless of their student account balance. Roommate matching is limited for upperclassman housing after November 17 due to space limitations and is not guaranteed.
University Village Apartments, Innovation Village North and South, Atlantic Park Towers and Indian River Towers will be available options for students who participate in the renewal process. Indian River Towers will be an upperclassman and first year building for Fall 2022 - Spring 2023. All spaces are first come first serve.
Steps for a Successful Housing Renewal:
- Complete your housing contract at https://housingportal.fau.edu. Click on Housing Contracts and select the 2022-2023 Academic Year Contract. We recommended students do their contract between November 3 – 8 so they can do directly to the Room Selection page during the Room Selection Dates. If you are under 18 years of age, the contract will require a parent/guardians consent. If you plan to request or roommate or want others to request you as a roommate, you must check the box: DISPLAY PROFILE IN ROOMATE INFORMATION on the Lifestyle Questions page of the contract.
- You will receive an email confirmation after your complete your housing contract. If you do not receive an email confirmation, please return to the Housing portal and check your housing contract status for 2022-2023 Academic Year.
- Search for roommates after you complete the housing contract. If you know in advance whom you are going to request as a roommate, remind them to complete their housing contract. You can only match with a roommate if they have a completed housing contract.
- Check your FAU email frequently for roommate requests. Log into the Housing portal at https://housingportal.fau.edu to accept roommate requests. Students create a roommate group by searching for roommates. Housing and Residential Education does not create roommate groups, request roommates on behalf of students, cancel roommate requests, or change Group Leaders. Students are responsible to manage the roommate request and matching process.
- The Group Leader for the roommate group is responsible to selecting the room for all students in the roommate group. Make sure you know who is the designated Group Leader and everyone agrees on the room type that you would like the Group Leader to select.
- Residents who are not part of a roommate group will select their own space.
- Select your room by the date the room type offered between November 9 -17. Set a reminder in your calendar. Room selection is from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on the designated dates or until spaces are filled during the day. All spaces are first come first serve.
IMPORTANT: Once you or your Roommate Group Leader selects the room space this cannot be changed. If you cancel a roommate request or cancel a roommate group, if does not remove the students room selection after they have selected a room or the Group Leader selected the room.
Tips for Completing your Housing Contract