Housing Contract Priority Renewals February 6 - 17 for Fall 2023 – Spring 2024.
Ending promptly at 5 p.m. on February 17.
All processes are online at https://housingportal.fau.edu
Fall 2023 - Spring 2024 housing contract renewals will be available from February 6 - 17 for current spring Boca Raton campus residents. Complete your housing contract by logging into the Housing Portal between February 6 at 9 a.m. until February 17 at 5 p.m.
Spring residents who renew their housing contract DO NOT pay the $100 non-refundable application fee. However, students who do not renew their housing contract by February 17 at 5 p.m. will have to pay a $100 non-refundable housing application fee.
The Department of Housing & Residential Education is anticipating substantial demand for housing for the fall 2023 - spring 2024 academic year. Therefore, we have made a decision to limit the number of current residents who can return for next academic year. In the event that we receive more contracts during the contract renewal process, we will prioritize contracts in the following order:
- All first-year students who entered FAU during summer and fall 2022 or spring 2023
- Students who started during 2021, first year students who started spring 2022, and transfer students who started during 2022 or 2023
- Students who started during 2020
- Students who started 2019 or later
- Graduate students and 2nd bachelor degree seeking students
Students who renew their housing contract will receive their assignment notification on February 27. Students will have until March 3, 2023 at 5 p.m. to cancel their housing contract and housing assignment without penalty and without cause if they choose to do so. After March 3, the Terms and Conditions of the Housing Contract will apply and all cancellation requests must meet the cancellation conditions outlined in Section 11 of the Housing contract Terms and Conditions. Some students may not receive a housing assignment on February 27, and will be notified if they are waitlisted. More information will be provided to those students who are waitlisted in their waitlist notification letter.
Housing options for returning students have changed. Rental rates will not increase for the upcoming academic year. You can review room rates here. The following housing options are available for returning students for Fall 2023 – Spring 2024:
- Parliament Hall Single bedroom a 4 person/2 bathroom suite
- Parliament Hall shared double bedroom in a 4 person/2 bathroom suite
- University Village Single bedroom in a 4 person/1 bath apartment
- University Village shared studio double apartment (shared sleeping area)
- Innovation Village Apartments North Single bedroom in a 2 bedroom/2 bath apartment
- Innovation Village Apartments North Single bedroom in a 4 bedroom/2 bath apartment
- Innovation Village Apartments South Single bedroom in a 4 bedroom/2 bath apartment
Steps for your housing contract renewal:
1. Select the 2023 – 2024 Academic year contract
2. Agree to the Terms and Conditions of the contract by completing the Docu-sign page with your signature. Select Save and Continue.
3. Review your Personal Details and update your cell phone number if needed.
4. Update your Emergency Contact
5. Answer all General Questions. This includes if you want to request Gender Inclusive Housing. It is important that your Gender Inclusive housing answer match that of your roommates or you will not be able to match with your roommate.
6. Add three Room Type Preferences. Available room preferences are also on our room rates webpage to review in advance.
7. Answer the Lifestyle Questions. If you plan to search and match with roommate(s) you must check “Display in Roommate Search results” on the Lifestyle Questions page of the housing contract. This allow students to view your profile and request you as a roommate.
8. Select your Meal plan, if you added a room preference for Parliament Hall you must select a meal plan.
9. Enter your student Z number on the Confirmation page to complete your housing contract. This is the final step to complete your housing contact.
10. You will receive an email confirmation after you complete your housing contract. Make sure you check your FAU student email.
11. If you plan to request a roommate(s) return to the Housing contract to start a roommate group or accept roommate requests. You may only add or request roommates who have completed housing contract.
Tips for Completing your Housing Contract