SIGN UP FOR ON-CAMPUS HOUSING
Current students and summer admitted students may access the summer 2019 housing contract though the Housing Self Service portal. First time in college students starting for summer 3 must also complete a housing contract for fall 2020 - spring 2021.
Summer 1 and 2 term housing assignments will be emailed to the students FAU email account starting in late April. Summer 3 term housing assignments will be emailed to the students FAU email account starting at the end of May.
We encourage all students to sign up early for on-campus housing. Housing does fill up quickly. The contract date is a consideration in the housing assignment process.
FALL 2020 - SPRING 2021
The housing contract for students who started prior to spring 2020 is no longer available. Students may contact Housing and Residential Education at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire if they are able to be added to the waiting list.
Spring 2020 students may apply for housing up to March 16.
Incoming first time in college students for summer and fall should apply by the May 1 priority deadline. Admitted summer and fall transfer students should apply by May 1. Housing fills up quickly and space becomes extremely limited. Students may access the fall 2020 and spring 2021 housing contract though the Housing Self Service portal.
Housing assignments will be made during the summer. Assignments are emailed to the students FAU email account starting in May and are sent weekly.
Summer 2020, Fall 2020 - Spring 2021
Students applying for housing follow the steps below:
- Login to the Housing Self Service Portal with your username and password. (NOTE: You must have a FAUNetID and password.)
- Click on the Application term and the blue Apply button to start your application.
- Read through the terms and conditions of the contract before agreeing to it! Very important – the FAU Housing Agreement is a legally binding document. It is similar to a lease, so do not submit unless you read and agree to the terms stating that you want to live on campus. Print a copy of the contract for your own records.
- The next few web pages will be the Housing Contract questions page. Answer all Housing Contract questions as these answers are very important to us.
- For Fall 2020 – Spring 2021 term You will select a meal plan if you are a first time to college student or preference a residence hall which requires a meal plan.
- A non-refundable administration charge of $100 is required for all first time applicants or students who had a break in their semester housing for an academic semester. (We accept all major credit cards and electronic check as payment.)
- Upon successful completion and submission of your online contract, you will receive an email confirming your contract was completed. Please check your FAU email account for the confirmation. If you do not receive an email confirmation your submission failed. We will not be able to process your contract and you will have to resubmit the contract.
Important Tips for Prospective Students:
- Spaces are limited and fill up quickly, so sign up early.
- Housing placement is prioritized to students who are outside of 30 miles from campus and are required to reside on-campus. Students who are from within 30 miles of the Boca Raton campus will be assigned housing after all students who are not from a commutable distance have been assigned.
- There are very few single rooms, and we cannot guarantee single rooms for everyone who makes the request. The earlier you sign up, the better your chances will be to get your priority building or room type.
- The housing contract covers only the Summer 2020 term or Fall 2020 – Spring 2021 semester; you are responsible for the term of the contract.
- Students living in the residence halls are required to participate in the Campus Meal Plan Program. For information, please visit our Dining Services page.
- If you plan to request special housing considerations based upon a disability or health concern, you must register with Student Accessibility Services (SAS). In order to register, you must submit an SAS Application for Support Services and appropriate documentation of your disability. You must have registered with SAS by November 1 for Spring, May 1 for Summer and June 1 in order for your request to be considered.
- First year students requesting a roommate for Fall 2020 – Spring 2021 must complete the roommate request by April 1. You may request one roommate and the request must be mutual. Requests are completed through the Roommate Request page of the Fall 2020 – Spring 2021 housing contract. Please note that roommate requests take priority over room type preferences (i.e. single room, double room). Roommate matching is not guaranteed; however, we will make every attempt to match roommates that are mutually requested by April 1. The date your housing contract was completed is a consideration when matching roommates.