SIGN UP FOR ON-CAMPUS HOUSING
The housing contract for Spring 2021 will be available starting on October 1 at 9 a.m. The priority deadline to apply for spring only housing is December 1. Students may access the Spring 2022 housing contract through the Housing Self Service portal. Housing assignments for new spring 2022 residents will be sent to students FAU email accounts starting in early December. Please note that students who are required to live on-campus will be assigned first. Students are not able to request roommates or suitemates for the spring only term.
We encourage all students to sign up early for on-campus housing. Housing does fill up quickly. The contract date and course registration are a consideration in the housing assignment process.
Newly accepted first time in college students who will start during summer 2022 may complete their housing contract starting December 1 through the Housing Self Service portal. The priority deadline for first time in college students to apply for summer housing is May 1. First time in college students starting for summer 3 must also complete a separate housing contract for fall 2022 - spring 2023.
Current students and new transfer students may complete a summer housing contract starting on March 1 through the Housing Self Service portal.
Summer 1 and 2 term housing assignments will be emailed to the students FAU email account starting in late April. Summer 3 term housing assignments will be emailed to the students FAU email account starting at the end of May.
We encourage all students to sign up early for on-campus housing. Housing does fill up quickly. The contract date and summer registration are a consideration in the housing assignment process.
Students are not able to request roommates or suitemates for the summer term.
FALL 2022 - SPRING 2023
The housing contract for fall 2022 – spring 2023 will be available starting December 1 for newly accepted first time in college students and new transfer students who will start during summer 2022 or fall 2022. Students should complete their housing contract by the May 1 priority deadline. Housing fills up quickly and space becomes extremely limited. Students may access the fall 2022 and spring 2023 housing contract though the Housing Self Service portal. Housing assignments will be made during the summer. Assignments are emailed to the students FAU email account starting in June and are sent weekly.
Fall 2021 residents may complete a Fall 2022 – Spring 2023 housing contract starting November 1 through the housing renewal process. The housing contract renewal process provides current residents with the priority to renew their housing contract and select their room.
New spring students and current students not living on-campus during fall 2021 may complete a housing contract starting on November 18. We are not able to guarantee roommate requests will be available as roommate matching in upperclassman housing is limited after the November 17 housing renewal process.
The contract date and course registration are a consideration in the housing assignment process.
Students applying for housing follow the steps below:
- Login to the Housing Self Service Portal with your username and password. (NOTE: You must have a FAUNetID and password.)
- Click on Housing Contracts and select the blue Apply button to start your housing contract.
- Read through the terms and conditions of the contract before agreeing to it! Very important – the FAU Housing contract is a legally binding document. It is similar to a lease, so do not submit unless you read and agree to the terms stating that you want to live on campus. Print a copy of the contract for your own records.
- The next few web pages will be the Housing Contract questions page. Answer all Housing Contract questions as these answers are very important to us.
- We offer Gender Inclusive housing. Please review the gender inclusive housing information before you complete your housing contract.
- All Lifestyle questions should be answered by the students to help us pair students within a suite/room.
- You will select a meal plan if you are a first time to college student or preference a residence hall which requires a meal plan.
- A non-refundable administration charge of $100 is required for all first time applicants or students who had a break in their semester housing for an academic semester. (We accept all major credit cards and electronic check as payment.)
- Upon successful completion and submission of your online contract, you will receive an email confirming your contract was completed. Please check your FAU email account for the confirmation email. If you do not receive an email confirmation your submission failed. We will not be able to process your contract and you will have to resubmit the contract.
Important Tips for New Students:
- Spaces are limited and fill up quickly, we encourage all students to apply early.
- Housing placement is prioritized to students who are outside of 30 miles from campus and are required to reside on-campus. Students who are from within 30 miles of the Boca Raton campus will be assigned housing after all students who are not from a commutable distance have been assigned.
- There are fewer single rooms than double rooms. We cannot guarantee single rooms for everyone who makes the request. The earlier you complete your housing contract, the better your chances will be to get your priority building or room type.
- The housing contract covers only the term you apply for, as an example Fall 2022 – Spring 2023 is an academic year contract for both semesters. Summer is a separate contract. You are responsible for the term of the contract.
- Students living in residence halls are required to participate in the Campus Meal Plan Program. For information, please visit our Dining Services page.
- If you plan to require housing accommodations/modification due to a disability, you must register with Student Accessibility Services (SAS). In order to register, you must submit an SAS Application for Support Services and appropriate documentation of your disability. You must have registered with SAS by May 1 for summer, June 1 for fall and November 1 for Spring.
- First time in college students who are living on-campus for the academic year fall 2022 – spring 2023 may request up to one roommate or suitemate for the housing contract that starts in fall. The deadline for first time in college students to request a roommate is May 1 . Requests are completed through the Roommate Request page of the Fall 2022 – Spring 2023 housing contract.
- Roommate requests take priority over room type preferences (i.e. single room). Roommate matching is not guaranteed; however, we will make every attempt to match roommates that are mutually requested by May 1. The date your housing contract was completed is a consideration when matching roommates.
- Returning students who participate in the housing contract renewal process may preference roommates and suitemates only during the priority housing contract renewal process.