APPLY FOR ON-CAMPUS HOUSING
Welcome to FAU Housing
We are excited to welcome you to FAU! You must be admitted to FAU and have paid your tuition deposit prior to applying for housing. We recommend applying early as space is limited and the demand for housing is high.
How To Apply
Please Note – There is a $100 non-refundable application fee required to complete a housing application. The FAU Housing contract is a legally binding document. It is similar to a lease, do not submit unless you read and agree to the terms stating that you want to live on campus. Print a copy of the contract for your own records.
- Login to the Housing Portal with your FAUNetID and password.
- Click on Housing Applications and select the blue Apply button to start your housing application.
- Read through the terms and conditions of the application before agreeing to it.
- The next few web pages will be the Housing Application questions page. Please answer all questions accurately.
- You will add three room preferences. Room preferences are not guaranteed. If your preference is not available the next closest room type will be assigned. Contracts and assignments cannot be cancelled and payment will not be refunded if your preferred room type is not available.
- You will select a meal plan if you are a first time to college student or preference a residence hall which requires a meal plan.
- Upon successful completion and submission of your online application, you will receive an email confirming your application was completed. Please check your FAU email account for the confirmation email. If you do not receive an email confirmation your submission failed. We will not be able to process your application and you will have to resubmit the application.
Important Dates for Applying
Academic Year (Fall and Spring)
Dates are subject to change
Important Tips for New Students
- Spaces are limited and fill up quickly, we encourage all students to apply early.
- Housing placement is prioritized to students who complete an application by the April 1 priority date for the Fall 2024 – Spring 2024 housing application.
- There are fewer single rooms than double rooms. We cannot guarantee single rooms for everyone who makes the request. The earlier you complete your housing application, the better your chances will be to get your priority building or room type.
- The housing application covers only the term you apply for, as an example Fall 2024 – Spring 2025 is an academic year application for both semesters. Summer is a separate contract. You are responsible for the term of the application.
- Students living in residence halls are required to participate in the Campus Meal Plan Program. For information, please visit our Dining Services page.
- If you plan to require housing accommodations/modification due to a disability, you must register with Student Accessibility Services (SAS). In order to register, you must submit an SAS Application for Support Services and appropriate documentation of your disability. You must have registered with SAS by May 1 for summer, June 1 for fall and November 1 for Spring.
- The priority date for first time in college students to request a roommate is April 1. Requests are completed through the Roommate Request page of the Fall 2024 – Spring 2025 housing application.
- Roommate requests take priority over room type preferences (i.e. single room). Roommate matching is not guaranteed; however, we will make every attempt to match roommates that are mutually requested by April 1. The date your housing application is completed, and Orientation Reservation, is a consideration when matching roommates.
- Returning students who participate in the housing contract renewal process may preference roommates and suitemates only during renewal process.
- Roommate groups may be groups of 2, 3 or 4 students.