Jupiter Housing Renewals
Housing Contract Renewals for 2022-2023
February 2 - 9
Fall 2022 and Spring 2023 housing contract renewals will be February 2 - 9 for current spring residents. The housing application will be available starting at 9 a.m. February 2 through the Housing Portal.
Wilkes Honors College spring residential students will have priority for the housing renewal process during these dates and may request another spring residential student as a roommate.
- Up to four students are allowed in a roommate group for returning students.
- Please complete your housing contract first and then REVISIT the roommate selection part of the contract to complete the roommate group or request roommates.
FAU Housing and Residential Education will offer inclusive housing for Fall 2022 – Spring 2023. Students will indicate on the housing contract if they are requesting gender-inclusive housing, and they may request roommates who have also requested gender inclusive housing.
Spring residents have first priority to preference a room space in Residence hall 3 for fall 2022.
Current spring Wilkes Honors College not living on-campus for the spring may complete a housing contract after February 9 for Fall 2022 – Spring 2023 and request a roommate.
If all on-campus housing spaces are filled, students who are not required to live on-campus beyond their second-year housing requirement will be placed in a double room space on-campus or in hotel. Communication will be sent in May to students who would be placed in an overflow room space or hotel.
All First-year students who started during the Summer 2021 and Fall 2021 are required to live on-campus for two years.
Residence Hall 1 and 2 room rates:
- A single in a 4-person suite is $4370 per person/per semester.
Residence Hall 3 room rates:
- A single in a 4-person suite is $4885 per person/per semester.
- A single room in a 2-person suite is $4750 per person/per semester.
You may review the Residence Hall 3 floor plans online
Roommate Request Process for Housing Renewals
To request a roommate, a student must have a completed housing contract for Fall 2022 – Spring 2023. Students must complete their contract first and then REVISIT the Roommate Selection page of the contract to match with roommate(s).
On the LifeStyles Question page of the housing contract you must check "Display in Roommate Search results and participate in roommate matching” if you want your profile to be visible for roommate searching and matching. This will allow students to view your profile and request you as a roommate.
Important Information to Request a Roommate:
- To match with a roommate your answers to the General Question “I request to live in gender inclusive housing (Yes/No)” must match.
- If you answer No to this question, you can only match with other students who have answered No.
- If you answer Yes to this question, you can only match with other students who have answered Yes.
- Discuss in advance if you are matching with a roommate who will have an approved emotional support animal (ESA) or Service Animal. Residents must receive approval through Student Accessibility Services for an ESA. Please follow the deadlines for housing accommodations.
- Make sure you check your FAU email frequently for roommate requests and updates for any roommate changes.
- Students may cancel and change roommates until 5 p.m. on February 9.
- FAU Housing and Residential Education does not cancel or change student roommate requests. Students manage this through the roommate selection process.
- Students will receive emails for roommate requests and when a roommate request is canceled.
On the Roommate Selection page of the application, you may find a roommate two ways:
Search by Details:
- Allows you to enter a Z number or WebID. This is useful if you already know the person you are going to request as a roommate.
- If you know who you want in your roommate group, plan in advance who will be your GROUP LEADER.
- You become a GROUP LEADER when you send a roommate request.
The GROUP LEADER manages the roommate group requests.
- Only one person should request roommates for the entire group. The GROUP LEADER should enter the Z# and select "Send Roommate Request" to each roommate.
- Requested roommates will receive an email and must accept the roommate request through the Fall 2022 – Spring 2023 housing contract. You may match up to four students in a roommate group.
Search by Suggest Roommates:
- Suggests roommates who closely match your Lifestyle questions.
- You may send a roommate request to a student when you search for Suggest Roommates.
You automatically become a GROUP LEADER when you request a roommate.
- Students will receive an email for roommate request(s). To accept a roommate request, you must accept the roommate request through the Fall 2022 – Spring 2023 housing contract. You may match up to four students in a group.
If you do not match with a roommate, you will be placed with a roommate based on the Lifestyle questions you answered.