LAVENDER LANGUAGES INSTITUTE
June 16-25, 2019 at Florida Atlantic University
The second annual Lavender Languages Institute at Florida Atlantic University will be 10 days of workshops, discussion sessions and informal conversations explore topics of current interest in language and sexuality studies, queer linguistics, and various lavender language themes. The institute will kick-off with a a special one day pre-institute workshop on Sunday, June 16th.
Topics that will be addressed include: Introduction to Queer Linguistics, Introduction to Queer Theory, Critical Discourse Analysis: Hate speech, Language and Black Women’s Sexuality, Trans language on Social Media, Language and Post-colonial Sexualities: Diaspora, Language and Post-colonial Sexualities: Masculinities, and Exploring the Sexual Archive.
Please check back in 2019 for next year's application.
- Al Crowley- University of South Carolina
- Brooke English- Rice University
- Corey Thorne- Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Darrin Miller- University of North Texas
- Derek Vaughn- Florida Atlantic University
- Ernesto Cuba- The Graduate Center (CUNY)
- Hazel Marshall- UC Santa Barbara
- Jade Levandofsky- American University
- Jason D'Angelo- Georgetown
- Jordan Tudisco- UC Santa Barbara
- Laura Horst- California Polytechnic State University - San Luis Obispo
- Lex Konnelly- University of Toronto
- Leyla Savloff- University of Washington, Seattle
- Melissa Curry- Rhode Island College
- Michelle Marzullo- California Institute of Integral Studies
- Patrick Sonnenberg- University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- Sahin Acikgoz- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor